Monday, November 23, 2009

lucky hour 7...

Cameron wanted a "7 hour party" for his birthday!
and somehow, he got just what he wanted?
We did a joint party for him and his best friend Robert -
it started here with some games (not party games, xbox games! - they are 12 after all)
then we took all 15 kids to Panda (where the 4 adults sat on the other side of the restaurant, pretending not to know who those wild kids were)
once the food arrived, there was a brief period of quietness
(which very well could have been my favorite part of the party)
After they finished off lots and lots of orange chicken, we packed back in the cars and went ice skating! A few of the boys had never been ice skating before - most of the boys had no idea how to tie shoelaces tight and all of the boys had a good time (and hopefully, so did Katie - the only girl - the younger, smaller girl who beat almost all the boys in arm wrestling - including mine! GO Katie!!)
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Once blisters were properly formed, we took the kids to Artic Circle for an ice cream cone - until the 7 hour bell rang and they were all taken home!!
Photobucket
All but Robert, who stayed the night! In the morning we went to Kneaders for a birthday breakfast!
Photobucket
At church on Sunday Cameron was able to receive the Aaronic priesthood -
he was lucky enough to have both of his Grandpa's there, along with other friends and family that he loves, to support him!
Photobucket
Happy Birthday Bug! I love you and am proud of you! xoxo

13 comments:

Stacy said...

Happy Birthday Cameron. I know Zach had a great time hanging out with his old friends again!

black annie said...

Happy Birthday Cameron bug! I love you!

Connie Miller said...

What a great birthday for Cameron! We're so proud of him, as well. Love ya, bud!!!!

ps: thanks for the pictures of it all, Dede. Love the one with Wesley hanging on to the edge, his feet above the big boys! Good job.

peewee said...

That last bday pic looks like a Jcrew ad!! He is so adorable. And yummmmmm panda chicken. I wish I could have THAt for Thanksgiving!

robin said...

Congrats to Cameron on getting another year older and Kudos to Dede and Sara for surviving a birthday party with so many kids.

Kaylynn said...

Good thing you had that timer going, or it might have lasted a lot longer. Your son looks like he holds the priesthood now.

Annie Miller said...

He looks so handsome and grown up in that last pic. LOVE it! I can't believe he's a Deacon :) His birthday money is coming as soon as I get my lazy booty to the store to buy stamps :)

Carin Davis said...

Chinese food, ice skating, ice cream and Kneaders for breakfast....can we do that for OUR birthdays!

Happy birthday Cameron!!!!! We love you!!! Are you sure you aren't 11??? You couldn't be TWELVE!!!!

Bobette said...

You and Sara are the nicest moms on the planet! I LOVE that last picture of Cameron! Glad you guys had fun!

Renee said...

OH MY!!! He's 12?!? That is crazy how time has flown. I remember staying with you right after he was born & he was a tiny lil' baby! :) What a handsome young man he is!

Happy Birthday, Cameron!!!

Saralin said...

That was fun, but let's not do it again. At least not for another year.

Katie Hansen said...

7 hours! Are you kidding me! You are a brave mother. I love that last picture, so handsome. Congratulations Cameron.

Katie Hansen said...

7 hours! Are you kidding me! You are a brave mother. I love that last picture, so handsome. Congratulations Cameron.