Wednesday, August 12, 2009

first for the last...

Today was the first day of preschool for sweet Chase! He was a little timid to start off, but was enjoying himself by the end!
He did have one minor meltdown when he wasn't able to use the pink marker.
The teacher nicely suggested the rainbow of other colors that were in his box,
but his one and only favorite color is pink and it took him a minute to be OK with the fact that crayola doesn't include precious pink in its box of 8 crayons!Lucky for all, there were plenty of pinks to go around when we went outside to draw the self portraits! His teacher, who has also been Reagan and Wesley's teacher, pointed out the difference in the self portraits over the years. She said the first year we didn't miss a detail
the second year wasn't quite so detailed, but carefully colored...
then she added, while looking at Chase's and my artwork, "and now look!"
Not quite sure what she was trying to say?
But who cares, cause now I have 4 hours a week ALONE! just me and my thoughts!That is 108 hours a year!I can feel the isles at Target calling my name!Some how, it isn't as exciting as I thought it would be!After preschool Chase and I headed downtown to pick up some yummy food to have a farewell lunch with my little sis before she flew back home! (don't worry - his hair will have a TRIM before his next day at school - we don't want to get him mistaken for a sheep dog - a really cute sheep dog!)

14 comments:

peewee said...

he is just too cute! I miss him :)

Carin Davis said...

His lucky teacher!!!!!!! He is so cute I can hardly stand it!!!

Jillyan said...

I thought his meltdown over the pink marker was cute! I don't think it's possible for Chase not to be cute! I am so glad Wesley has a friend in his class!

Annemarie said...

I will know this feeling in a couple of weeks! Thanks for the breakdown of just how much free time that is.

Who am I kidding...I know I'll be sad.
Chase is a doll. He will be the teachers favorite for sure!

Annie Miller said...

Oh my gosh. His hair is sooooooo cute (don't tell Mike) I can't stand it!! Tell him his Auntie in Arizona said Way to go!

Kaylynn said...

Your kids are so cute. Four hours a week isn't very long, so enjoy every moment.

megan said...

I'm all about the 4 hours a week! Bria is very excited that "Chase from the pool" is in her class!

Alicia Cerva said...

ADORABLE! Love the pictures and the hair! I hope you make them most of your 4 hours in a week! Maybe I should calculate the hours I'm going to have when Megan starts school...then again I don't want to make you feel bad!

*J*E*N* said...

OK you can cut my boyfriends hair but only a TRIM!!!!!
PS-LOVE that he loves pink-see you don't need a girl:)

Lisa said...

He is adorable!!!! I can't wait for preschool to start as well but I will still have one more at home. Oh well, soon enough! Send me an email and I will send you an invite to my blog. lisa.linton@schoolimprovement.com (I was helping you at Carin's workshop just in case you didn't know who I was!)

Saralin said...

He is such a cutie. Let's celebrate your new found independence with lunch next week!

Connie Miller said...

Sweet shots for a special boy. You'll be a mess when he starts kindergarten in 2 years. So this will be a good pre-empt.

Cristi said...

I go to Target when I have alone time, too. Just something about it!

Mandy said...

I LOVE the sheep dog look! He is adorable!