Bill and I had the great blessing to be able to attend the Oquirrh Mountain Temple dedication yesterday with Cameron and Reagan.
We have been so excited to have a new temple built so close to our home.
Bill and I were able to volunteer many times for the open house and loved each minute of it! We were able to take the kids to the open house as well and let them walk through the temple with us!
(the whole crew at the Open House on June 29th, 2009)
Wesley and Chase have come with me a few times to take pictures of the temple so we could have it displayed in our home. We have this picture on an easel in the family room...
Chase loves to look at it and say "that's my temple"
- he also loves to play with it, which we are working on!
Yesterday's experience with my boys is one that I will always treasure!
One of the speakers told the kids to remember this day, the way they felt being in the temple, with the Prophet - on his birthday! I was proud of them for the for preparing to go and taking the opportunity seriously! One of the most touching, yet simple, parts for me was at the end when we were singing the closing song. I could hear Cameron sing- I looked over and he was following along and singing his best - without being asked! He has never sang at church before -ever (occasionally he did some lip-synching when I was watching him in Primary - occasionally!) - it meant a lot to me that this was important enough to him. Like I said "simple", but something I will always remember!
I feel as if I have received an abundance of blessings lately and to be part of this experience is just icing on the cake!
We have been so excited to have a new temple built so close to our home.Bill and I were able to volunteer many times for the open house and loved each minute of it! We were able to take the kids to the open house as well and let them walk through the temple with us!
(the whole crew at the Open House on June 29th, 2009)Wesley and Chase have come with me a few times to take pictures of the temple so we could have it displayed in our home. We have this picture on an easel in the family room...
Chase loves to look at it and say "that's my temple"- he also loves to play with it, which we are working on!
Yesterday's experience with my boys is one that I will always treasure!One of the speakers told the kids to remember this day, the way they felt being in the temple, with the Prophet - on his birthday! I was proud of them for the for preparing to go and taking the opportunity seriously! One of the most touching, yet simple, parts for me was at the end when we were singing the closing song. I could hear Cameron sing- I looked over and he was following along and singing his best - without being asked! He has never sang at church before -ever (occasionally he did some lip-synching when I was watching him in Primary - occasionally!) - it meant a lot to me that this was important enough to him. Like I said "simple", but something I will always remember!
I feel as if I have received an abundance of blessings lately and to be part of this experience is just icing on the cake!





13 comments:
So sweet...what a special experience! I am sure it has been sweeter that you have spent time serving there the last two months~ You deserve any blessing you receive!
What a wonderful experience!
Dede, that picture of the temple is amazing! I wish I had it in my living room! We also went to the dedication yesterday. The spirit was so strong and it was an experience I will never forget! How neat to be able to spend it with two of your boys.
First of all, what a great dress! You look fabulous. So glad you were able to go. Gorgeous pics. What a great experience for your boys. I am jealous!
I LOVE the picture you did for your living room! It is AWESOME! I love the "simple" moments that mean so much to us as moms! They are definitely times to treasure!!
I am happy for you Dede. I can't imagine how proud of Cameron you are, and of yourself and Bill as well for being able to teach your boys your faith and believes. I love the picture you took, it is a piece of art, seriously!!! I am not mormon and I wish to have one for myself :) I guess I gotta try to take a nice one of the St Madeleine cathedral ;)
ps: I agree with Annie, wich a gorgeous dress! You do look fabulous :)
Brett went to the dedication this morning and loved it! And I agree with Annie... cute dress!
I love living so close to this temple - only 4 minutes away - and can't wait to start using it.
Such a great experience for you and your boys. And the picture you have in your living room...I'm speechless! It is absolutely beautiful!
What an awesome experience for your boys to participate in. It was amazing to be in the temple for the dedication. I will always cherish the time we had to serve in the open house & then be a part of the dedication.
You are always beautiful, but that dress is gorgeous on you!!
yah, first ME visiting and now the Temple! You ARE blessed :)
BTW...you LOOK SO GOOD!!!!!!!!
Love the picture and I want one! You are looking great, keep going!
Dede your blog is a treasure as alwasy. Great family photo topper. I enjoyed my temple visit as well and was sad to miss the dedication. I have actually missed both Utah dedications this year. My children attended the one in March and that made me happy!
Post a Comment