Thursday, August 13, 2009

he takes after his mom...

Cameron received the climbing higher award at school yesterday!
He was excited to be the first one in his class to get the award this year.It reminded me of a time when Bill and I taught a youth class in church with the naughtiest 13 year olds I have ever met (I think my mom called it karma). We talked with the Bishop about how to get some control in the class - having the parents and Bishop attend class didn't work - and he suggested giving one of the leaders of the pack some responsibility. The "leader" was made class president and I think we had better behavior for at least two weeks! Cameron has an awesome teacher this year (who apparently knows the same tricks) and I hope Cameron will be able to live up to his call these next few weeks! He might have to quit sneaking out of his room to play x-box during the night to keep up his "outstanding energy" and I really hope I didn't ruin his "creativity" a couple days ago, when I informed him that he is not allowed to draw smiley faces all over his arms and legs during class!

On a more serious note - Cameron has been off to a much better start this year than last. He is the smartest thing and I am hoping this is the year that he applies himself and sees his potential! We are proud of you bug! Now will you bottle up some of that energy for when you get home so you can clean your room! xoxo mom

10 comments:

Kristi Veale said...

You don't have to give boys ideas! They are pretty good at figuring how to sneek around all on their own! Pretty Cute! All your boys are cute.

peewee said...

he looks so OLD!!! ugh! I just don't feel like we're old enough to have kids that old..and you're YOUNGER THAN ME. Tell him to stop it.

Annie Miller said...

Way to go! His hair is long too. Lookin' good!

Saralin said...

Way to go Cameron!!!

Kaylynn said...

I will have to remember that trick when I am a teacher.

Connie Miller said...

Congratulations Cameron!!! Keep up the good work!

robin said...

congrats to Cameron. I must say I wish I HAD his outstanding energy and creativity. I have to rely on the creativity of others for my ideas and take naps every so often.

Alicia Cerva said...

All kids take after their mom's when they something good happens! We all know who they take after when they are causing trouble!!
Good job Cameron!

April said...

I love teachers that love their kids!!! BTW....I finished The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society. Loved it!

Carin Davis said...

Cameron's energy is enthusiastic...and he is creative...and too smart for his own good! ;) I love him!!!!