Tuesday, August 11, 2009

no peanuts roasting on the rainbow fire...

with yesterday being
National S'mores Day
I was reminded of these giant marshmallows I found while driving
around forever with a friend looking for some kind of grocery store
any kind of grocery store
anywhere
We finally stumbled across some sort of Mexican food store.
While in there, I spotted the biggest marshmallows I have ever seen
(and yet, they didn't have one peanut m&m in the whole store!!)
we roasted them that night!they were gross! and super sticky! another friend gave me a thing that you throw in your fire pit and it makes colors in the fire - the kids loved it!
All of this reminded me that I haven't posted much of the excitement that has been happening in our busy lives lately! Like, the first day of school a few weeks ago...the boys were excited (and tired) starting their first day!
I will do a whole "I miss Wesley" post when life calms down a bit!I hope these aren't a sign of what kind of school year we are going to have
(because they were the best ones I got - yikes).
They were SO excited to come home everyday!
why? you ask...the dogs were back!!!(and "Kristin", of course)but this is making me miss Wesley again - he is just so cute!
SO, that is about one-tenth of the catching up I need to do
(can you tell Chase is missing the boys when they are ALL gone all day - guess what he wants to do all day? not watch TV, that is for sure!)

8 comments:

Kristina P. said...

I haven't had Smores in so long. Someone posted about making them with peanut butter cups. Are you kidding me?!?! I am in heaven!

Saralin said...

Cameron already winning the climbing higher means the boys are off to a fabulous start despite their first day grogginess. Maybe someday, after Jock finishes military school, Wesley will like my dog.

Carin Davis said...

I survived "game night" with out peanut M&Ms...but maybe that is why I got 15 in "the train game!" :)

Connie Miller said...

Wow - those ARE giant marshmallows. Peanut M&M's should be a staple at all the stores. Back to school is such a fun time --. Hope their year is wonderful.

Kristi Veale said...

Them are GIANT marshmallows! My girls would love them!

peewee said...

seriously Carin...that IS why you got 15!

Those pics make me miss it there SO BADLY. BUT those pics sure do look like 2nd day of school...I mean, I don't know WHY, but it's just an intuitive feeling. Their faces just look like they alreayd were in school for a day. Just an observation :)

dede said...

that WAS the first day of school - if I was going to do fake first day of school pictures, they would have looked better than that! as if!

rychelle said...

i love that kristin was just a side note. ;)