Sunday, August 23, 2009

family time...

Last Sunday we went to Bills parents for a little get together.
His aunt was visiting from Alaska and his sister was here from Arizona.
It was a beautiful night and (a little late) I decided to pull the camera out -
fight the llama's, and take some pictures of Bill's first car!When we were first dating Bill would talk about restoring his Edsel and I would dream about our relaxing Sunday strolls! Not surprisingly, nothing has been restored and "relaxing" isn't really a word I would associate with Sunday, but looking at the car still brings back happy memories!While in the field, I found some other treasures (junk) that were fun to take pictures of!
Like this old boat...and this surf board thing...not to mention old barns and fences - complete with chipping paint and rust (heaven)!This fence with the sun setting behind it reminded me of Carin's Photo Challenge for August, which was to take pictures with Bokeh in mind!No one had more fun that night than Chase!His feet didn't hit the floor even once!Between his cousins and Aunts he was coddled over all night long!
We usually go to the great-grandparents in Heber (to take fun pictures of old things) for some adventure, but after the stick fights, run down snowmobiles and boats, ditches and llama's, I think the boys are going to want to hang out a Grandma's house for awhile!

8 comments:

peewee said...

That car is AWESOME. Bill SHOULD get it restored and sell it for millions!

Kristina P. said...

That is such a great picture of the car.

Mandy said...

You DO take wonderful pictures!

Carin Davis said...

I agree with Kristi! Let's get that car out of the shed!! Can't you see Cameron driving it when he is 16! I love it!

When am I invited to Arlene's again! Looks like a camera lovers gold mine!

Saralin said...

I love the old car!

Connie Miller said...

That car is a "classic". Have you ever seen those auctions for the renovated classics??? I didn't know there were llamas there?

Annie Miller said...

Oh my that place is soooo cool!

Annie Miller said...

Oh my that place is soooo cool!