The crazy weather we have had the last few days has reminded me of Carin's May photo challenge - to capture details of your home. One of our favorite spots at our house is the front porch. When we were building, one of the few things that Bill and I agreed on was that we wanted a porch!
Spring is when it looks the best!
All the flowers are up and starting to bloom and I am not sick of doing yard work yet, which just makes everything look a little bit better!
I have all sorts of perennials growing there, most of which I didn't even plant - they just carried over from another part of the yard. I love all the color and texture that they add!
Our favorite thing to do on the porch is watch a good storm!
For the last few days, we have had a storm every night!
Once the kids hear the rain pelting on the roof, they run out front!
Bill and I are usually already there, as well as our neighbors across the street - they like watching the rain as much as we do (we always wave to each other, it's kinda cute)!
These pictures were from the storm we had last night - it was a fun one!
Chase was really mad that he couldn't see the thunder, but he sure could feel it (he didn't last to long on the porch)!
Now, don't get me wrong, I like a warm sunny day more than the next guy
but, their is something about crazy weather that makes me love our little house even more and truly appreciate all that are in it (except for the hermit crab, it would take more than a storm to make me appreciate him!)
Spring is when it looks the best!All the flowers are up and starting to bloom and I am not sick of doing yard work yet, which just makes everything look a little bit better!
I have all sorts of perennials growing there, most of which I didn't even plant - they just carried over from another part of the yard. I love all the color and texture that they add!
Our favorite thing to do on the porch is watch a good storm!For the last few days, we have had a storm every night!
Once the kids hear the rain pelting on the roof, they run out front!Bill and I are usually already there, as well as our neighbors across the street - they like watching the rain as much as we do (we always wave to each other, it's kinda cute)!
These pictures were from the storm we had last night - it was a fun one!Chase was really mad that he couldn't see the thunder, but he sure could feel it (he didn't last to long on the porch)!
Now, don't get me wrong, I like a warm sunny day more than the next guy
but, their is something about crazy weather that makes me love our little house even more and truly appreciate all that are in it (except for the hermit crab, it would take more than a storm to make me appreciate him!)





21 comments:
Your house is gorgeous! Love the pictures of the clouds.
Your home is one of my happiest places!!!!!! I LOVE your porch, your flowers, and you big/flat/big backyard!!!!!!! I do love a good storm too! Maybe it was the thunderstorms we grew up on in AZ!
Your yard work is paying off...your flowers look beautiful!
We did very similar posts. We need to watch/enjoy a good storm together!
I love your pictures! Especially the second to last.
Looks like our storm went west! Your clouds look a lot more exciting than my clouds, but to be honest, I was hiding in the closet when the really awesome, scary clouds came out! And I envy you the porch -- that's something I've always wanted, too!
What a pretty porch?! I'd love to sit there and smell the flowers and watch a good thunderstorm, myself. I'm all about cloudy, stormy days. (Except the ones that brought along high winds. They can just stay away.)
Desert storms are beautiful! I always enjoy looking at your photos!
I love your pics! I also love your front porch! We love having an awning in our back yard so we can go out and enjoy the rain! We love it!
I love your pictures. It makes me want to do the challenge and capture pictures of my home.
Love the porch! I want my porch to be like that. We also sit inside looking through our storm door to watch the storms...even my little weiner dogs watch with us. They are usually first to the door to see if they should bark at something!
We love a good storm here too!! We all run out to our front porch too!! hee hee...We happen have the same white rocking chairs as you guys! Your house is truly a home. I love it!!
those are cool pics dede! And pooooorrrr little hermit crab..he looked so lonely last time I sad him (?)
saw him....maybe you should let him rock on your porch!
Braden is looking at these pictures with me. He says he wants to come to your house - he wants to come today. Maybe when I tell him we're going to go swimming today, he'll decide to stay a his beautiful house.
I love sitting in a rocker on your front porch. I also love sitting in the rocker on Carin's porch while watching the barbque.
Great pictures. I envy you your porch. Katie and I sat on folding chairs in our garage and watched the storm this afternoon.
Beautiful pictures! I love the details on the front porch! I'm envious too! I guess we'll keep on enjoying our driveway!
Those storm pictures are AMAZING! I love Utah weather...it's crazy! Those flowers are beautiful as well...
Great pictures! I have loved the storms we have had lately!! And I have been able to keep my windows open and not use my new air conditioner (oh yeah I call it family vacation!)
I love your pictures!!! I wish I had a beautiful yard too :/
And I love your porche!!! Poor crab. No one cares about him...
Awesome!Sweet pics! Gorgeous flowers :)
Post a Comment