Reagan turned 9 this week!The morning of his birthday we went to eat at his favorite place in the whole wide world - IHOP! And because it was his birthday, I let him have half of my french toast - his new favorite! Then we went to the bowling alley where he got his first strike, he said it was "birthday luck"! When we got home we put Chase down for a nap and planned the party! He wanted a Transformer party this year. Reagan always has lots of detailed ideas about his party, most of which are impossible to accomplish. Some of his more doable ideas were "pin the mask on the transformer", "pop the balloon Transformer word scramble" and "transformer bingo"! After the party planning, his Aunt Renata came over to bring him a present. Wesley and Chase begged her to take them home with her, to which she happily obliged (which was a present for all of us)! While they were gone, Reagan and I looked through his baby scrapbooks. Earlier that day Reagan said he has never seen a picture of himself as a baby - WHAT?? After that false claim, I told Reagan he had to look through his scrapbooks before he could open his present! When we were done he said, "I don't think I am going to let my friends see those." - you're welcome!
When Renata brought the boys back a few hours later, she presented Reagan with a cake that they had made for him (to see all the stuff she did with the boys, click here!!) - no wonder they beg!
A few days later, it was party time! I was most excited about the bingo and made some cute bingo boards and bought some transformer fruit snacks to cover the letters.
Reagan picked a transformer name for every letter, so instead of saying "o-67", I would say "optimus prime-67". Knowing it would be a hit, we made it the last game of the party.
When the time came, I gathered all the boys together and got going...galvatron-53, bumble bee-8....
until I heard BINGO!
The winner got to pick a prize and I asked the boys if they wanted to use two bingo cards for the next round. They politely declined saying,
"can I just eat the fruit snacks"
"I am going to go jump on the tramp"
"when are we going to open presents?"
Chase hung around but only because he liked to turn the handle and make the balls drop!So, if any one needs a gently and ever so slightly used bingo game, made with tender loving care, I have it packed away nicely!
Presents, not surprisingly, were a bigger hit than bingo - Reagan loved everything!It only took the boys about 20 minutes to have all the bionacles put together!
This was what Chase was doing for those 20 minutes!
Reagan, like Chase, had very specific ideas for his birthday cake and once I talked him out of the octagon shape, we had fun making it!
Chase has been talking about singing Reagan happy birthday and blowing out his candles for at least a week. Knowing that Chase was so excited, and being the sweet kid Reagan is, he let his little brother help him blow out his candles!
We are so lucky to have Reagan!He is so sweet and thoughtful and is always trying to do his best!
I can't wait to see what the next 9 years bring!
I love you, bud! May all your wishes come true! Happy Birthday!





13 comments:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY REAGAN!!!!!!
You are the nicest brother in the whole world...letting Chase help blow out your candles!!!!
Love you!!!
p.s. Dede you throw the BEST birthday parties...and make it seem easy! How do you do that!?
You are the queen of party planning. I love the BINGO idea.
You are like supermom! You are my hero! I have missed you and Sara this week! Hope to see you tomorrow! Love ya! Happy Birthday Reagan!
What a special week for a special boy. Love you, Reagan.
Your boys have no idea how extraordinary you are, Dede -- they've never known anything else. Great job.
I was visiting your blog every single day waiting to hear all about Raegon's party. I love the comment he did about his album (we all think the same thing hahaha). I love his ideas. He is great, just like his mom :) And YES, you are very luck for having him, He is the SWEETEST boy EVER!!!
Happy Bithday Raegon! We love you :)
Happy Birthday Reagan! Dede you are supermom, my boys know better than to have that many details for a party!
AWWWW!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Even if it is WAY late! And that bingo game was pretty impressive dede...as usual. I love kids parties. especially the cake part!
Happy Birthday Reagan!!! He really is a super nice kid.
Happy Birthday Reagan!! Sounds like you had a great birthday!! Enjoy!
Happy Birthday Reagers!Love Mike, Annie, Braden & Grace :) Miss you :)
Above and beyond with the bingo game much? Gee, I don't look like a slacker next to you at ALL! ;) lol!
I was reading along, thinking "what a great aunt they have?!", "what a great birthday party?!", "Oh, transformer Bingo. What a great party game?!"
Then I came to the part where Reagan let Chase blow out his candles and I thought, "What a great kid?!"
Happy Birthday just a teeny bit late.
Oh! I just laughed SO DARN HARD at your comment! "The best life ever!" Cameron is too cute. Yah. Museums never swayed me from my trailer tendencies...But Disneyland sure did....:)
Post a Comment