I have enjoyed seeing all the wonderful, Christ centered, Christmas traditions on other blogs out there. I am hoping to employ some of them and in the mean time I will share one of ours (not necessarily Christ centered, but a tradition nonetheless) with you. Every year we go to the planetarium and see
Santa vs. the Snowman in 3D!
We missed it last year when we left for Arizona for the month of December (very tempting to not make that a tradition!) and it was all the kids could talk about!! So, we were sure to fit it in early this year!
Unfortunately my camera battery died right after this picture (too bad, I looked awesome in those glasses!). The best part was at the beginning, Santa is saying hi to everyone and his naughty/nice computer crashes - he has to make his quota so he is going to pick one kid out of the audience to be on his naughty list - since it is in 3D when he points everyone thinks he is pointing at them - knowing this would happen and sitting right next to Wesley, is what made it fun. Right when he pointed (to Wesley) I said, "I can't believe he picked you!! You better start being nice!" to which he replied, "I know, I know."! I very well might be on Santa's naughty list by the time Christmas gets here, it is just too fun to tease him!
Santa vs. the Snowman in 3D!
We missed it last year when we left for Arizona for the month of December (very tempting to not make that a tradition!) and it was all the kids could talk about!! So, we were sure to fit it in early this year!
Unfortunately my camera battery died right after this picture (too bad, I looked awesome in those glasses!). The best part was at the beginning, Santa is saying hi to everyone and his naughty/nice computer crashes - he has to make his quota so he is going to pick one kid out of the audience to be on his naughty list - since it is in 3D when he points everyone thinks he is pointing at them - knowing this would happen and sitting right next to Wesley, is what made it fun. Right when he pointed (to Wesley) I said, "I can't believe he picked you!! You better start being nice!" to which he replied, "I know, I know."! I very well might be on Santa's naughty list by the time Christmas gets here, it is just too fun to tease him!





11 comments:
Sounds like a lot of fun! What a great tradition!
What a spiritual post! Tear...kidding! That looks like fun! I wanted to see your 3D glasses with your new hair cut! Oh well...
I bet you are already on Santa's naughty list!
If only I wasn't so prone to motion sickness- I could join you in this tradition. I wish I could have been there to see W. face! :)
Glad you got to go this year -- and glad you're in UTAH! Sounds like fun. I remember going with you one year.
I have never even heard of this movie!
i've never heard of this movie, but i'll look into it. we have a few theatres that play 3D here. my sil's neices would love it.
Thanks for sharing! I bet my kids would love this! It would be good for them to know they are on the "naughty" list!!
hahahh!! I loved the whole "Christ Theme" shout out. And then you're like 'but this isn't one of them" You kill me. I'll be there the 21st by the way! YAYAYYAY!
Okay, okay, I give up already!! You are the most fun mom ever! Every time I check out your blog, you and your kids and your nieces are up to something fun and riotous, and just simply can't keep up. So, congratulations! I concede to your Fun-ness!
I have never seen that movie, but need to find it to take my kids to! I think AZ for Christmas is a good tradition.
Post a Comment