We went to The Festival of Trees on Saturday and guess who was there??
Santa!!
The boys were so excited - well, most of the boys. Wesley didn't want to see Santa this year - he wasn't scared but he knew that Santa knew - Wesley knew he better watch out, he better not pout, he better not cry -he knew Santa's making a list, He's checking it twice, He's gonna find out who's naughty or nice - he knew that Santa knows if you've been bad or good. He didn't want to see Santa because he knew he was NAUGHTY!
He did eventually cave (probably, after seeing Cameron survive) and tell Santa what he wanted for Christmas - when he was done, he whispered in my ear "he didn't ask". He thought he was safe, until we got home and my new (best) friend appeared...
this little elf is helping Santa by keeping an eye on the boys. I first pointed him out when Wesley was throwing a little fit. I told Wesley that this little elf was Santa's helper and was going to tell Santa if he was being good or not. A few minutes later, Wesley was trying to get out of going to church (again) - I told him he had to go because he couldn't stay home by himself - he said, "the elf can watch me!". Shortly after that (while Wesley was getting ready for church) the elf fell - I put him back up on the shelf (apparently facing a different direction)- about an hour later Wesley was being mean to Chase - I just looked at Wesley and then looked at the elf. Wesley looked up and noticed the elf was staring straight at him, to which he replied, "why does that elf always have to watch me? I just want to scratch him in the face!" - realizing Santa wouldn't like that and that the elf is following him, he has vowed to try to be NICE!
Santa!!
The boys were so excited - well, most of the boys. Wesley didn't want to see Santa this year - he wasn't scared but he knew that Santa knew - Wesley knew he better watch out, he better not pout, he better not cry -he knew Santa's making a list, He's checking it twice, He's gonna find out who's naughty or nice - he knew that Santa knows if you've been bad or good. He didn't want to see Santa because he knew he was NAUGHTY!
He did eventually cave (probably, after seeing Cameron survive) and tell Santa what he wanted for Christmas - when he was done, he whispered in my ear "he didn't ask". He thought he was safe, until we got home and my new (best) friend appeared...
this little elf is helping Santa by keeping an eye on the boys. I first pointed him out when Wesley was throwing a little fit. I told Wesley that this little elf was Santa's helper and was going to tell Santa if he was being good or not. A few minutes later, Wesley was trying to get out of going to church (again) - I told him he had to go because he couldn't stay home by himself - he said, "the elf can watch me!". Shortly after that (while Wesley was getting ready for church) the elf fell - I put him back up on the shelf (apparently facing a different direction)- about an hour later Wesley was being mean to Chase - I just looked at Wesley and then looked at the elf. Wesley looked up and noticed the elf was staring straight at him, to which he replied, "why does that elf always have to watch me? I just want to scratch him in the face!" - realizing Santa wouldn't like that and that the elf is following him, he has vowed to try to be NICE!





17 comments:
BAAAAAaaaHAAAAaaa! I LOVE this post. I LOVE Wesley's pout and I WANT a little elf!
They look like they are having a lot of fun! Love the decor.
That is laugh out loud, wet my pants funny!!!! Where did you get that little spy? I need a few of those planted in my house in strategic places, as well!!!
To witness the Santa terror first hand was a favorite memory for me. Cute Wesley! I have a feeling that elf will come in very handy this holiday season!!!
I love the elf as well. Maybe the boys could try blindfolding the elves.
You'll have to let me know how well the elf snitch works. I think it would creep me out but if I works I might have to get one for my family next year. Good luck Wesley!
I'm not even sure an elf would do the job around here...but it's worth a shot!
you are too funny!!
i've seen you around the blogosphere. i hope you don't mind a new stalker....
i think that elf will be mentioned in a therapy session later on in wesley's life.
Where can I get me one of those? That is so funny!
You are too funny. Hopefully Wesley is not too scarred or scared. We had carolers around the house when we were young who were secret agents for Santa. My sister still tells of the horror she endured! I wonder if the elf would work in my classroom...I just might have to try it out!
Cute! I feel like I haven't seen you in so long! Love your post! That elf would creep me out. I think we should get Sara one and sneak it into her house to freak her out.
I think the elf is a great idea! I need one for my house. I use Santa in a white truck with my boys. We saw Santa driving in a white truck last year and so around Christmas when I see a white truck I point it out and say "hey is that Santa watching you?"
LOL! Again!
I love reading your blog! I am crying I am laughing so hard. I am going to start taking notes from you for future parenting.
That is the funniest thing I have ever seen! I wonder if it would work for Zac too! He gets pretty creeped out by stuff like that! I am still crying I am lauging so hard!
Post a Comment