Friday, December 12, 2008

i'd like to second that...

Some of you have been leaving some awesome comments like...
"You are the most fun mom ever!" &
"you are too funny!!" &
"Looks like you get to be the favorite mommy too!" &
"you are at the top of my favorite people in my world list."
I know someone who doesn't agree...

meet Cameron. Cameron (and the other boys) have been off track since last Friday (FOR 30 DAYS!!!!). Today I decided to go through his backpack with him.
We found a few unfinished projects.Cameron gets to now do all the work that he could of done in class. He also gets to flatten them out so they will look presentable when he hands them in. If he chooses to sit at the kitchen table and not do anything but talk to himself (like he is doing right now) he doesn't get to have any of his Christmas presents. He is aloud to open them on Christmas and look at them, but he will not get to play with one thing until ALL of this homework is done! I might even throw in an extra book report for good measure! I wonder what kinda comment he would leave right now? I bet it wouldn't be pretty!

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

If it weren't for the pain etched in your oldest son's face, I would be so LAUGHING OUT LOUD right now... instead, I just snorted really unattractively.

Hey, here's a trick to flattening out those papers: lay them out on your ironing board, put a pressing cloth or pillow case over the top and iron those puppies on low or medium heat. Should get out the wrinkles pretty well! (Not that I'm speaking from experience or anything...!)

Kaylynn said...

You are the best mommy ever! It's hard to be tough, but worth it!

Connie Miller said...

For the brightest kid around, he sure fights it! Come on, Cameron, show us what you've got!

Bobette said...

You're just now getting to the pile? Just kidding. Hope your off track time is great. Good luck with all the homework Cameron! And you are a GREAT mom!

Bobette said...

Aidan (sitting on my lap) says "I hope Cameron gets everything done before Christmas Eve! Cameron, I wish you will get it done before Christmas so you can open your presents right away!"

Saralin said...

Be glad you went through it now and not the night before they go back on track. Also be glad you found papers and not left over cold lunch.

Carin Davis said...

oh.no....

The Kleins said...

Holy crap! That's a LOT of homework. Good luck with that.

Annemarie said...

Any possibility he is the missing triplet to my twins??? Same scenario...different house.

You are the BEST mom EVER. EVER.

rychelle said...

one day he'll thank you for this.
one day.....in the far away future.

and, this just proves YOU ARE A GREAT MOM! :)

Annie Miller said...

Go Dede!

Kristina P. said...

Ha! Poor guy.

peewee said...

the way you capture their faces is PRICELESS!!! He must LOVE getting his picture taken in those moments! You Christmas card should be all your kids with sad faces! how funny would that be!?

robin said...

you know I would do the exact same thing! are we twins?

Stacy said...

That stack looks all too familiar!!! And the conversation...also very familiar.

Jody said...

Wow! That is a lot of work to finish...glad it was found now and not later. Also glad it wasn't another rotten plumb bringing around those nasty, pesky fruit flies! Yeah for a supportive parent! Good luck Cameron.

Rachel said...

That is the epitomy of tough love! I love his face (or what you can see of it) in that photo!

Cristi said...

I like the talking to himself part. LOL!