We decided to have a "family work night" tonight (that is my clever way of begging everyone to help me)! Our yard has been ignored far too long and it was time to let the embarrassment end.
We started out good - the boys were weeding (throwing worms on Wesley), Bill was trimming (like a drunk sailor) and I was pruning (beautifully, of course). When Bill finished trimming, I was ready to mow. I got 2 rows done when the lawn mower quit working. I checked the gas and after realizing it was full, asked Bill for some assistance. He checked the oil and it seemed fine so he assumed it was the spark plug (I assume that the "spark plug" is the only other part of the engine my non-mechanical husband can name) so he went to the store to find a new one. While he was gone, I took some pictures of my favorite subject...
dirty, but oh so cute!
why yes, that is pizza, dirt and milk you see all over his face (not pictured is the 6 hour old diaper he is wearing!)
getting a little jealous, Wesley makes his way over (yes, that is pizza too!)...
now Chase is getting jealous that Wesley was jealous, so he is back to join in the fun (why won't they do that when they are dressed cute and clean?)!
I then moved on to easier, more stationary subjects...
but I couldn't stay away long!
when all was said and done, this is what my yard looks like (guess it wasn't the spark plug after all)! So, although the embarrassment is still present, I sure had a fun night!
We started out good - the boys were weeding (throwing worms on Wesley), Bill was trimming (like a drunk sailor) and I was pruning (beautifully, of course). When Bill finished trimming, I was ready to mow. I got 2 rows done when the lawn mower quit working. I checked the gas and after realizing it was full, asked Bill for some assistance. He checked the oil and it seemed fine so he assumed it was the spark plug (I assume that the "spark plug" is the only other part of the engine my non-mechanical husband can name) so he went to the store to find a new one. While he was gone, I took some pictures of my favorite subject...
dirty, but oh so cute!
don't you just want to kiss him??
why yes, that is pizza, dirt and milk you see all over his face (not pictured is the 6 hour old diaper he is wearing!)
getting a little jealous, Wesley makes his way over (yes, that is pizza too!)...
now Chase is getting jealous that Wesley was jealous, so he is back to join in the fun (why won't they do that when they are dressed cute and clean?)!
I then moved on to easier, more stationary subjects...
but I couldn't stay away long!
when all was said and done, this is what my yard looks like (guess it wasn't the spark plug after all)! So, although the embarrassment is still present, I sure had a fun night!





8 comments:
HAHA! LOVE the stripe! Don't you have a lawn mower you can ride around on? I think you should invest in one...that way your kids will FIGHT over who gets to mow the lawn.
You can always borrow a lawn mower, but to the the edging done -yahoo. Looks like a fun night.
Great pictures Dede! What a fun night. I will stay in my house and watch my weeds wither in the heat.
Love the pictures you take of your boys. When they have the pizza, milk & dirt on their face shows how much fun they are having...it's real! Love it!
love the pictures too!!! look at all those smiles on work night! good job!!!
I LOVE family work nights. Your flower beds look great and don't worry about the lawn, the mowed part will catch up to the unmowed part before you know it.
Such a fun day! That reminds me we need to tend to our forgotten backyard as well!
Darling pictures!!!
So is Wesley afraid of worms like Reagan's afraid of dogs? :)
Post a Comment