Sunday, August 3, 2008

oh happy day...

We made it through the first week of school! I tried not to celebrate too much (tried).
Cameron likes his new teacher - she seems pretty laid back - they meditate and grade their own behavior (which is right up his alley!) The first day of school he told me everything he didn't like about the new school including how short their recess was. Later a friend informed me that he and a couple of his friends didn't come in from recess and stayed out another 20-30 minutes with the 6th graders. When I asked him about this he said he didn't realize that they had to come in the first time the bell rang (he is only in 5th grade - wouldn't expect him to know everything!). His teacher probably didn't notice because she was meditating.

Reagan loves his teacher. She is an older New Yorker and has let the kids know that the #1 rule in class is to be polite (which includes not asking her how old she is and not yawning!). She has a money system which totally works for Reagan - he already tries his hardest to be good but to earn money while doing it? he is in heaven!

Wesley starts on Tuesday - that will be a little harder - but I am sure he will love it when he gets the hang of it all. He had his testing on Friday and got to meet his teacher. She is really cute with him and seems like a good match! So here is to another exciting year of school, which I am sure will be the topic of many posts - to bad I didn't blog back when Cameron got suspended - lets hope that doesn't happen again (but don't hold your breath!)

post signature

9 comments:

Annemarie said...

We still have a few more weeks of Summer...year round is sounding better & better & better..
PLEEASE do a recap of the detention scenario.

Annie Miller said...

What great pages! I'm so glad I'm done with the school thing. I just hope I don't melt when I send my kids. Braden starts preschool in 2 weeks!

Carin Davis said...

i am so glad they like their teachers!! poor Cameron...confused @ a new school- hearing ringing and not knowing what it means...must have been so confusing...hahahahahaha!

look at all the fabulous scrapbooking you are getting done!!!!! can't wait until mine start!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Connie Miller said...

New school - here come those "Ryan" boys. Hope it's a wonderful year for all of them ... and for you.

peewee said...

FIFTH GRADE!!!! YIKES! how did THAT happen so fast?!?!?

Tammy Taylor said...

I love my children, but can't wait for next week! AZ should really do year round because it is just too dang hot May-Aug to do anything outside. Love the pages!

Kim said...

How did it go today? I was going to call and ask you- letting Wesley go and all. But I didn't want to ruin your day with just Chase!! I'll call tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

School? Already? We haven't even bought our supplies yet! And I don't even know what they need in HIGH SCHOOL!

This is a red-letter year for us. We're going to have one child in each of the schools in town, and I hardly know what to do with myself! Good luck, and let me know what you're doing to keep Chase occupied!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.