Today we went to the zoo with Carin and the girls. Had I watched the weather instead of the Olympics last night, I probably would have suggested an indoor activity - it was HOT!
We went to the elephant show (which I didn't realize they even had)! I thought it was really interesting and Wesley is still wondering when it's going to start (maybe he has been to the circus too many times!).
This elephant is 10 months pregnant - SHE STILL HAS A YEAR LEFT! Can you imagine? I guess if I had to have a 200 lb. baby I would want to have some time to think about it - but 22 months??? Maybe the elephant wasn't the favorite animal created?
This here is Kate saying (thinking) "don't you know my mom is the photographer - put your camera down"
Wesley - "how embarrassing"
Ellie - "be quiet Kate, Aunt Dede is cool!" - thanks Ellie!
sweet sophie!
Sophie and Chase had a blast on the new carousal - they have about every animal imaginable to ride on - and it played a little rock and roll instead of the normal carousal music - and it is solar powered - how cool is that?
Now, anyone that knows my little Wesley, knows that he is SCaReD of dogs (no matter the shape, size or temperance - pretty much every dog except Clifford)! Apparently this fear isn't distributed to all animals...
he has no problem petting armadillos! Snakes? bring it on...
this here is brave Wesley petting the snake and my sweet baby Chase offering it his finger!
As if that wasn't enough for one day - now, the reason for the clever title - toot toot (that is my own horn)! Tonight at pack meeting Cameron and Reagan were able to blast off the rockets they made!
Cameron decorated his rocket like a gnome. In order to get it to blast off, you have to put a little water in the decorated 2 liter bottle and then put it upside down on some thingymabober and them pump a bike pump and finally pull a cord and it flies into the air! 
Reagan was so excited - he decorated his like a skeleton! I don't know where they come up with their ideas? I was trying to get him to decorate it like a rocket ship - red white and blue - but what do I know?
Wesley even got to try it out (thanks Cameron for sharing the gnome!)
after his blast off, Wesley and his friends C & G decided to have some fence climbing races!
he didn't do so good (that would be him on the bottom right) BUT - did they pet a snake today? I think not!
Wow - sorry for that long post - thanks for hanging in their! I shouldn't post late at night - it is kinda like watching a sorta funny movie when you are really tired and laughing until the tears are running down your face - when you get up the next day and think about the movie you realize it wasn't really that funny - I have a feeling that is what is going to happen when I read this post in the morning - oh well - I told you I have problems!






11 comments:
What a fun day!!!!! Thanks for the zoo idea!!! It was hot...but really fun!!! And thanks for taking pictures!!!!!!
xo
I loved the post...you make me laugh.
You always have such fantastic pictures. Nice job.
what a fun day! I'll have to go to the zoo and check out the new carousal. I love the pictures - and your comments! And never too long for me.
HAHA! That pic of kate and your caption made me laugh out loud, choking on my morning coffee! Too funny!
I love the series of events pictures from pack meeting last night. Very funny post.
love the post!!! and by the way they are never to long. It just makes me feel like I was there, and am not missing out on being with family.
So cute! I think we would MELT at the zoo down here! Isabelle is kinda scared of the merry go rounds which is funny because she loved the Matterhorn at Disneyland! They are great pictures! The talent must run in the family! (and off to the in- laws... Annie!) You are so funny!
Your posts are never too long...we all have so much fun reading about your day that we forget how long it is anyway! Thanks for sharing your fun filled day with all of us!
You know how to pack a day don't you. And knowing you your house is clean too!
I LOVED this post. I don't even want to know how long it took but soooo clever. That new carosel looks sweet. Those were GREAT pictures!
Why is it that the scouts always get to do cool stuff like set off exploding soda pop bottles and the young women never do? That's what I get for not having any sons -- but I get to have LOTS of tea parties, and so far we've never had any problems with public and/or personal flatulence!!! (Heh, heh, heh!!)
Post a Comment