Friday, July 25, 2008

happy birthday to poo...

Today is Wesley's 5th birthday!!!
He has been waiting and waiting and waiting for it to be his birthday! He can't believe it is actually here. This morning when I sang happy birthday to him he said, "but I am not 5 yet". (he wont be 5 until his friends get here for his party and don't try to argue with him!!) 5 things I love about Wesley...
#1 - his charm. He (usually) knows exactly when to quit misbehaving and to turn on the charm. He for sure knows when to say "I love you mom, your so pretty."
#2 - the way he takes care of his little brother. He loves to play with and baby Chase. He is very protective of him and is the only one who can take away his toys.
#3 - his made up language of bad words. He is always calling his brothers a "cahookie wookie" or "fordons" and adding assorted potty words to the end of his sentences. Although he doesn't enjoy bath and body works grapefruit soap being pumped into his mouth, he can't seem to stop.
#4 - his imagination - all he wanted for his birthday this year was... a batman costume, a spiderman costume, a godzilla costume, an ironman costume... He loves to play. He will even play house with his girl cousins ("you be the mom and I will be the killer guy" or "you be the mom and I will be the dog") I am a little nervous for kindergarten next week when he has to put learning into his schedule - his above mentioned charm will probably be put to work!
#5 - he makes me laugh. He makes us all laugh. His eyes are always sparkling (in a mischievous sort of way). He adds so much to our family - our days wouldn't be complete without him!
Happy birthday Wesley (stinker face)!


post signature

5 comments:

Annemarie said...

I know another 5 ear old that he would get along with fabulously!!
Happy B-Day "spordoon poo poo head"

Carin Davis said...

I can't wait to call him "spordoon poo poo head" when I see him!!! Thank you Annemarie!!

I do love Wesley's enthusiasm, sweetness, toughness, and have to admit...his "potty talk" always brings a smile to my face!!!

I can't believe he has kindergarten in the 5 day forcast!!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Saralin said...

Happy birthday Wesley. I can't wait to see you in your new birthday costumes.

Annie Miller said...

Happy Birthday Wesley. I love these pictures of Wesley at the pool. So glad you posted them!

Connie Miller said...

Who has more enthusiasm than Wesley! Love him to the core.