After staring at the clock for hours and hours and even asking me if he could just move it to the 3, the time finally came to PARTY! Wesley couldn't decide between a batman, superman or costume party SO we combined all of the themes. We decided last minute (I think I have changed titles from "spontaneous" to "procrastinator") to have his party on his actual birthday. With this last minute decision came some last minute games like batman, batman, ROBIN (duck, duck, GOOSE) and "save the stuffed animal" (the kids favorite)! Cupcakes were next followed by opening presents (we had the present manners talk before hand - I told him that he needed to say thank you for every present - he said ok - then I said, even if it isn't a present you wanted, you say... and he said, "no thanks" - no wes, you still say thank you - he responds, or they will be sad and leave? - that is where we just ended the conversation - don't want to give him any ideas!) with lots of noise and running around in between.
*click to enlarge*
I am glad his friends came over and he is finally able to be 5! At the end of the day, I asked him what was his favorite thing and he said EVERYTHING!
*click to enlarge*I am glad his friends came over and he is finally able to be 5! At the end of the day, I asked him what was his favorite thing and he said EVERYTHING!






7 comments:
Holy capes batman! Braden would have loved that!
spontaneous or procrastinated it looks like it was a great party.
Hooray for July birthdays! Happy day, Wesley!
Seriously, Dede, you need to consider a career in spontaneous party planning. I hear there's good money in providing that kind of entertainment...
can you throw me my next birthday party??
i was amazed at what you accomplished for this "spontaneous" birthday party!!! the capes you made for each child....in one day were amazing!!! my girls love them!!!
thanks Wesley for letting me stay!!! :)
and a good time was had by all. You're amazing, Dede.
Love the picture of all the kids lined up with the capes! That will be way fun to look back on in about 10 years! :)
Post a Comment