Tuesday, July 29, 2008

dirt vs. boy...

Reagan was able to have his first experience at Cub Country this summer. Cub Country is a scouting program where the boys get to go to a day camp in the mountains. The first day he went to dinosaur camp and the second was super hero camp. They always come home covered, from head to toe and everywhere else, in dirt - and with the biggest smile you have ever seen! Reagan was a little nervous to leave the first day, but comforted himself by saying, "I guess I have been away from my family before??" (ya- like everyday at school- now go!) He couldn't have been happier when he got home, covered in dirt and with the dirtiest band-aids you have ever seen. He said he had 7 injuries (3 falls) BUT - he didn't cry once!! (that's my boy!) Figuring they must have been walking on some rocky terrain, I asked him if anyone else fell. "nope, just me!" (ok - so, that's my boy). He was instructed to take a bath and peel off every disgusting band aid - which he did and then put the same clothes back on - boys! When he came home on day 2 I asked him how it was. He said, "I wouldn't say if was fun - I would say it was TERRIFIC! That is a more advanced word. Oh, and no injuries!" Then he was off to shoot his brothers with his new rubber band gun (after a bath of course)!
post signature

8 comments:

Annie Miller said...

I can't wait--dirt and all!

Annemarie said...

Anyone been injured with the rubberband gun yet? My boys wanted one...I was mean.
I LOVE SCOUT CAMP!!

dede said...

annemarie - chase got it right in the eye while Reagan was loading it - it has been on top of the fridge ever since (along with the sling shot that hit the window - during loading as well I'm sure)!

Saralin said...

How dark was the dirt ring around your tub?

dede said...

sara - I think it is still there if you want to come see it!

Connie Miller said...

At Hog Island they have "outdoor" showers - that's the reason why! The dirt just goes through the slats to the ground - no clean up.

Renee said...

Oh man...I've heard scout camp can be brutal... Love the band-aids & dirt...boys!

Racheal said...

So fun!!!We are just now getting into the whole dirt thing!!!