Monday, July 21, 2008

are you there blog? it me, dede...

Well, we are back from our home away from home - the scorching, blistering, sizzling, sweltering place, some people call Arizona! Although we already miss it, we are glad to be home! I feel that we have managed to pack the 27 days we call "summer" with as much excitement as possible (and we are not quite done yet!!). I am anxious to share and journal all that we have done. But, before I start reliving the past few weeks - I will share with you a few things I have learned...
#1 - Just because you are closer to the sun in Utah, doesn't mean the (much hotter) sun in Arizona can't leave a mark - my crimson shoulders will attest that the sun is the sun and you should always wear sunscreen if you are going to be sitting at the pool all day!
#2 - If I had a maid service my kids would like home better. My boys (especially Wesley) LOVE staying at the hotel - they never want to come back home. Their toys are all at home, their x-box, their friends and their beds YET, they never want to come back - which leads me to assume, they aren't missing their chores!
#3 - A last minute vacation is awesome! I like to think of myself as fun - but spontaneous might not be in my horoscope. We decided late Monday night to go and on Tuesday we were off. Even though I left the house with one diaper, no wipes and no sunscreen (luckily we weren't going camping) it was great to just pick up and go (and cheaper - I didn't buy anything in preparation!)!
#4 - My face sweats. I know it is gross. I have never experienced that much moisture dripping off my face before. Maybe a little upper lip moisture while exercising, but never puddles just from walking to the car. I have a whole new sympathy for Whitney Houston. Before I go back to AZ in the heat of the summer, I am going to figure out where she gets her hankies.
#5 - If you are packing on more weight than you should be...don't let anyone take a picture of you wake boarding. It's not pretty. I will share one picture (and only one) of my wake boarding experience - enjoy!
post signature

12 comments:

Becky Hansen said...

Nice picture!!! Too bad you can't even make out that it is you. Looks like lots of fun though. Sounds like it was a really fun, spontaneous vacation. I can't wait to see what else you have to post. Welcome Back!!

Connie Miller said...

i'm amazed you got a post out today - missed you, but maybe i wish just a little bit that i could have been there. Also can't wait for more pictures and blogs. glad you're home.

Renee said...

I can't wait to hear about your AZ vacation! That picture is awesome. You are so brave to even attempt that! :)

Lookin' forward to hearing about your adventures!

Oh & I went to Mesa once in May...holy crap, it never cooled down. I can't even imagine what it was like in JULY! Didn't you live there growing up?

peewee said...

wooohoooo!! Glad you're back. It's been desolate without you! :)

Annemarie said...

OUCH!!! That is my kind of wake boarding pic...or the kind that is taken from the beach when the camera can only zoom in enough to see a tine speck of a person out there!!

Brett said...

Glad you are home in one piece. Wake boarding looks dangerous. Glad you had a good time.

Annie Miller said...

Just so everyone knows, Dede is one of the best "first time" wakeboarders I have ever seen. She totally kicked my butt. There were not very many times she crashed and only a few were caught by the camera. She was awesome!

Annie Miller said...

Fun week. We miss you already!

Anonymous said...

I'm only a little jealous -- I haven't had 27 minutes of vacation, let alone days, this summer! But I would melt like a Hershey's kiss in the 120 degree Arizona shade. I would much rather take a trip to Alaska in July!

Cristi said...

How do you do those hilarious things with your pictures?

Carin Davis said...

I am so glad you are back!!!!!!!
I admire the spontaneous vacation!
I will have to try it some day!!!!

Tammy Taylor said...

Sure you come to AZ and don't even call us! We would have loved to melt with you, but are glad you had fun.