Last week went with some neighbors to Mrs. Cavanaugh's chocolate factory for a tour!
The tour wasn't the most exciting thing I have ever seen, but the real reason we went was for the free samples anyway - and that did not disappoint! We filled the store up with excited kids (which I am sure was frightening for the workers) who couldn't wait to get their hands on some candy! Wesley wanted a gummy tarantula - they always want them but never like them - so, I told him he could get it but it might bite his tongue and then he won't be able to talk anymore. He decided on a train sucker instead. I bought these yummy cherry sour things that I didn't hide well enough, but they were good while they lasted! Right before we left Wesley asked if he could get a treat for Cameron (who didn't come because he was in trouble) too! I remember thinking how thoughtful that was of Wesley (you all probably know better - he blinds me) until we reached the counter to pay and Wesley handed me the tarantula and said, "so, if Cameron eats this he won't be able to talk again?"!
On the way home, my friend Bobette and I got ourselves a Village Baker sandwich (my fav) and took the kids to McDonald's play land to get the energy out! It was a yummy day!
(I took my camera out kinda late so I only got a picture of about half the kids who were there - I will bring it out first thing on our next outing!!)
The tour wasn't the most exciting thing I have ever seen, but the real reason we went was for the free samples anyway - and that did not disappoint! We filled the store up with excited kids (which I am sure was frightening for the workers) who couldn't wait to get their hands on some candy! Wesley wanted a gummy tarantula - they always want them but never like them - so, I told him he could get it but it might bite his tongue and then he won't be able to talk anymore. He decided on a train sucker instead. I bought these yummy cherry sour things that I didn't hide well enough, but they were good while they lasted! Right before we left Wesley asked if he could get a treat for Cameron (who didn't come because he was in trouble) too! I remember thinking how thoughtful that was of Wesley (you all probably know better - he blinds me) until we reached the counter to pay and Wesley handed me the tarantula and said, "so, if Cameron eats this he won't be able to talk again?"!On the way home, my friend Bobette and I got ourselves a Village Baker sandwich (my fav) and took the kids to McDonald's play land to get the energy out! It was a yummy day!
(I took my camera out kinda late so I only got a picture of about half the kids who were there - I will bring it out first thing on our next outing!!)





12 comments:
Where do you get the tarantula's? I need two of them. That is right by my house and I have never been. But I think that my neice works there and does some of the tours. Looks like fun!
those tarantulas sound like something the weesley boys would sell at hogwarts.
(i hope you read harry potter, and that made sense. if not, please just pretend i made a hilarious and relevant comment.)
Yummy!
Oh man I love wesley!!!!! He is just too smart for his own good ;)
Wesley must have thought Cameron was tired of his tongue...burden by the ability of speaking...surely! :)
Village Baker AND chocolate!!!!!!!! That is the best outing EVER!!!!
I had a lot of fun with you guys! Loved the Village Baker! I wish you would have shared some of my artistic pictures of your car! Maybe your next post! Thanks again for taking me and getting me out of the house! We had so much fun!
I LOVE that picture of Beckett! And you captured my Wesley so perfectly. I had no idea you took any pictures of my boys! We had so much fun too! Thanks for thinking of inviting us!
I would have eaten them out of samples!!!! Sounds like a fun activity.
Mmmmm!
I wish we could have been there! Wesley is just too darn funny...nothing gets by him!
I envision Mrs. Cavanaugh's Chocolate Factory to be very similar to that of Willy Wonka's. What a wonderful place that must be.
I am sure I would be at least as happy as your kids there. Fantastic idea, Dede!
-Francesca
Yum! Yum! Starting those kids out right!
Post a Comment