yesterday Wesley had his "fake birthday"
(which, by most, is referred to as a BIRTHDAY PARTY - but, as you know, Wesley is not like most!)
He decided on a "Monsters vs. Aliens" theme this year which was a lot of fun!
With Axel F blaring in the background, we started out the party with a few craft projects
create a monster and decorate your very own UFO (flying in later)
then we moved to the outdoors (which, to keep with the party theme, we will call Venus - it was HOT!!) where we played a little game I like to call "ginormica bowling"!
Next we were off to the main attraction - the Monster Water Slide!
And speaking of "monsters", what happened to ladies first, gentlemen?
(maybe the next party will have to include a little class on etiquette)
while energy ran amuck on the water slide, the innocent kicked back at the pool!
these two melted my heart (while the sun was melting my flip flops)
Once everyone was sufficiently cooled off, it was back to the games!
next up, "hot meteorite"
this is a cool little ball that you put a water balloon in and then crank the dial - when the times up the balloon bursts and if you are the one holding it you are out!
Not everyone caught on to the concept...
the last game of the day was the P.D.F.O (personally decorated flying object) toss
watch out!
The kids stopped playing long enough to sing happy birthday, have a cupcake
and tear through the presents - then it was back to the water!
As we said goodbye, there was a balloon
and a goody bag for everyone to take
and the cutest monster I know had a day that was out of this world!!!!
Happy "fake" birthday Wesley!!
(and a special thanks to Aunt Carin for taking pictures of the creatures - it wouldn't have flowed so smoothly without your help! I owe you - want one of my boys as payment? I get to pick which one!)
(which, by most, is referred to as a BIRTHDAY PARTY - but, as you know, Wesley is not like most!)
He decided on a "Monsters vs. Aliens" theme this year which was a lot of fun!
With Axel F blaring in the background, we started out the party with a few craft projects
create a monster and decorate your very own UFO (flying in later)
then we moved to the outdoors (which, to keep with the party theme, we will call Venus - it was HOT!!) where we played a little game I like to call "ginormica bowling"!
Next we were off to the main attraction - the Monster Water Slide!And speaking of "monsters", what happened to ladies first, gentlemen?
(maybe the next party will have to include a little class on etiquette)
while energy ran amuck on the water slide, the innocent kicked back at the pool!
these two melted my heart (while the sun was melting my flip flops)Once everyone was sufficiently cooled off, it was back to the games!
next up, "hot meteorite"this is a cool little ball that you put a water balloon in and then crank the dial - when the times up the balloon bursts and if you are the one holding it you are out!
Not everyone caught on to the concept...
the last game of the day was the P.D.F.O (personally decorated flying object) toss
watch out!
The kids stopped playing long enough to sing happy birthday, have a cupcake
and tear through the presents - then it was back to the water!As we said goodbye, there was a balloon
and a goody bag for everyone to take
and the cutest monster I know had a day that was out of this world!!!!
Happy "fake" birthday Wesley!!(and a special thanks to Aunt Carin for taking pictures of the creatures - it wouldn't have flowed so smoothly without your help! I owe you - want one of my boys as payment? I get to pick which one!)





15 comments:
You really need to go into party planning. This is such a great idea.
Those cupakes are the coolest things ever! Almost as cool as me.
Oh, no...REALLY it's fine...no thank you is necessary! You can keep your boys (since I know you aren't giving me Chase)! Hanging out with you was payment enough!
Wesley was adorable! I loved his perma-smile as he played and cruised down the water slide with some of his favorite people! Next time I am bringing my swim suit.
p.s. I agree with Annemarie- you should be a party planner!!!!!
Dede...how on "earth" do you come up with these amazing parties & ideas to go with the theme? I think you would be awesome at party planning! Looks like he had an amazing time!!!
Loved the cupcakes too! :)
Carter said, "That was the most awesome party every!" on our way home.
Wow -- that was an incredible party. You outdo yourself each time. It's great the Wesley invited girlsl -- or were they the Aliens?
My son has a birthday in September, do you want to fly out and plan it for me. It looked like a lot of fun!
Thank you for having us. It was great!!! I totally agree with everyone, you SHOULD be a prty planner. Your ideas are the best ever!!! Wesley is so funny. I love the "Fake birthday party" and I also love the candy he picked to Cameron hahaha He is great!
you are like the coolest mom ever! those cupcakes are genious!!!
love all the pics! Wannabe had a great time and loved his goodie bag! I'm glad you survived the alien invasion. and the monsters too.
You seriously know how to throw a party! The photos are awesome and I love how you put them together!
You could have made a serious career in Recreation Management! Or maybe you did, and I missed that part of your life...anyway, what a blast of a party! I totally would have come, especially since I spent my birthday tackling blackberry bushes. Water slides sound like much more fun!
And by the way, when is Wesley's real birthday?
Ought oh...might have forgotten his! Dope! Send me a suggestion when you have a second.
Ummm, MY birthday is NOV 17 and I really love Pee Wee Herman, Hannah Montana and/or Hello Kitty.
Oh, and "UP". cupcakes floating in the air tied to frosted balloons would be amaze!
Post a Comment