CHECK!
Thanks to the daily downpour of rain we received most of the month of June, my garden has never been so ignored and looked so good! We have already been picking zucchinis and tomatoes and are anxiously awaiting the rest!
We decided to try a few new things this year and can't wait to see how they turn out!
edamame - who knew?
I love edamame and I have never even had it fresh out of the garden!
I am going to let it get a little bigger and then plan a day around eating it!
Now, the one I am the most excited for...
Tomatillos!!
I planted this plant for the sole purpose of making Cafe Rio's Tomatillo dressing!
I don't even know what else you can do with tomatillos - any ideas?
Then we have all the usual suspects
(which means tomatoes and cottage cheese for lunch - yumm!)
the peas don't tend to make it inside - we eat them while we are looking at the other plants!
I didn't do a very good job of thinning the carrots this year (meaning I didn't thin them at all) so hopefully they will turn out ok - it is one of the few things the boys are really excited about!
And this is the other thing they are excited about - they LOVE eating the raspberries!
So, even though I am summer's #1 fan,
I (hate to even say it) have enjoyed all the rain!
*we will be sick of tomatoes and zucchini within a week or two, so let me know if you want some!
Thanks to the daily downpour of rain we received most of the month of June, my garden has never been so ignored and looked so good! We have already been picking zucchinis and tomatoes and are anxiously awaiting the rest!
We decided to try a few new things this year and can't wait to see how they turn out!
edamame - who knew?I love edamame and I have never even had it fresh out of the garden!
I am going to let it get a little bigger and then plan a day around eating it!
Now, the one I am the most excited for...
Tomatillos!!I planted this plant for the sole purpose of making Cafe Rio's Tomatillo dressing!
I don't even know what else you can do with tomatillos - any ideas?
Then we have all the usual suspects(which means tomatoes and cottage cheese for lunch - yumm!)
the peas don't tend to make it inside - we eat them while we are looking at the other plants!
I didn't do a very good job of thinning the carrots this year (meaning I didn't thin them at all) so hopefully they will turn out ok - it is one of the few things the boys are really excited about!
And this is the other thing they are excited about - they LOVE eating the raspberries!
So, even though I am summer's #1 fan,I (hate to even say it) have enjoyed all the rain!
*we will be sick of tomatoes and zucchini within a week or two, so let me know if you want some!





18 comments:
Our garden looks PATHETIC next to ours!!! Everything looks so yummy and I'm not a huge vegetable fan! Maybe you can give Rob some tips :)
I love tomatillo's! I have a great salsa recipe on my blog that calls for them. Maybe I'll try growing them next year. Your garden looks great!
What an AWESOME garden. I had no idea you were such a creative gardener! I just wish I was close by to grab your overflow!I have this awesome garden spot here...and have absolutely no idea how to use it :) Great pictures! It's funny. I don't even know how to cook edamame if they're not frozen. I bet fresh ones are the bomb!
Put me on the list for zucchini and tomatoes! The garden looks terrific..good job.
YUMMMMMM!!! I'll be back at the end of july....tell the tomatoes to wait for me.......
How absolutely beautiful!
Man, I'd like to wander around your garden! I wish you could come to SC and take pictures of my girl and my four-legged babies. You take such pretty ones.
Gorgeous! Can't wait to taste the tomatoes and peas and corn and zuccini and raspberries and EVERYTHING. Great pictures of a beautiful garden. Congrats.
You can make chile verde!! I love it and aI have a great recipe.!!! I will take it to you tomorrow.
If you will have any extra tomatoes and/or zuchini I will love to try some :)
I love your garden...
Looks great but, where are the silver bells, cockle shells and pretty maids all in a row? If it doesn't rain the next few days will you call and remind Brett to water mine?
Wish you had Wonka vision, so I could reach right into the screen and pick those raspberries!! Yum!
And I seem to remember...back home there were a few weeks during the summer that everyone locked their cars in the parking lot at church on Sundays so we wouldn't come out to find a pile of zucchini anonymously left in the front seat!
Your garden looks fabulous! Your corn is amazing...& I just love those raised planter boxes you have! :)
Rick Bayless - "One mexican plate at a time" author has a ton of recipes using tomatillos. I bet the library has some of his books, or google...
I love your white garden boxes! It makes everything looks to so fresh. We're trying tomatillos for the first time this year too- just planning on salsa verde, but maybe I'll try the Cafe Rio recipe too. Yum!
wow- nice garden and nice pics! we LOVE peas from our garden!
i wish we could have a garden in las vegas......
or that you lived closer, so i could take advantage of yours. ;)
the pictures are great!
my mouth is watering looking at all your fresh garden food!
dede your pics are fabulous! I love your blog, it's been so long since carin's workshop! I am envious of your garden- good job!
Aww dang now I'm jealous! I want your garden, minus the tomatillo's ;).
But I so want a garden in my backyard but it's too small and the dog would probably just ruin it. Grrr
Post a Comment