Wednesday, July 8, 2009

independence day....

We had a fun filled fourth!
Our day started at the movie theatre watching Ice Age, followed by a Jamba Juice for lunch (the boys favorite!). Bill's sister Becky and her family were staying with us from Ohio and we had been on the go for a few days, so after lunch we just came back to our house and let the kids play outside on the water slide while we played Ticket to Ride. Then Bill and Matt kept the babies while Becky and I and the older (5-11 year old) kids went to the Stadium of Fire!

There was so much to see! I, however, spent more of my time watching the kids expressions then watching the actual show! I think the guy jumping a rope of fire on a unicycle was the older boys favorite part (aside from the fireworks!), but Wesley's favorite was...the Jonas Brothers!
After their first song he yelled and clapped and then put both of his hands in the air, fingers formed in the "I love you" sign and screamed, "that was awesome!". When he wasn't busy clapping he was asking for the camera back with a "mom, I gotta get a picture of that" each time one of them moved! The fireworks were the highlight of the night for me -
I LOVE watching, hearing and smelling fireworks!After the show we hung around awhile to chat with another of Bill's sister, Kristy, to get details on the brand new HARLEY she won at the beginning of the night, while the boys played around on the bleachers looking for lost treasures!
Another late great night! Thanks Kristy for inviting us!

12 comments:

The Call's said...

FUN! I think we might try that next year!

Carin Davis said...

How fun!!!!!!!!! It makes me wish I had been there!!!!!! I love your pictures!!!!!!!!

Annemarie said...

Fun fourth!
My boys are "so over" the Jonas Brothers. I was bummed. I wanted to go.

rychelle said...

sounds like a great time. i spent the night with a drugged up dog (she freaks out when fireworks are going off).

Alicia Cerva said...

Looks like a blast! Your firework pictures are great! Nice job!

peewee said...

She won a harley??? That's incredible! Was she so excited? I wanna win something!

Annie Miller said...

Those were sweet pics! My mom was there too. She said it was a great show :)

Connie Miller said...

Nothing like being there! Love the pictures --

Roger Gibson said...

So were the JoBros as loud as Kate says they are? Did you know both Stephanie Kinder's girls danced in that show? Looks like you guys had fun!

Kaylynn said...

I love the after party. Being in an empty stadium is so fun!

Kristina P. said...

Love the pics! I really like the darker exposure.

Remember that conversation we had one night about how after you met me, you would disappear from my life? Just wondering if you remembered. Sob. ;)

renata ryan said...

I love the kids I w expressions. i wishas there just to see Wesley claping, yelling and rocking roll :). Great pictures!