Friday, June 5, 2009

spare me...

We have been having a kinda of easy off-track!
No huge plans or vacations, just having play dates or little daily activities.
The kids favorite activity we have been doing is
BOWLING!
The bowling alley by our house does a summer package for school age kids. They will let you bowl one free game everyday of the summer (you just pay $1.50 for shoe rental - you can also pay $1.50 for each additionally game you want to bowl)!
So, yesterday when I asked the kids if they wanted to go to the zoo, wheeler farm, the park or bowling - an unanimous BOWLING was shouted out!! Chase LOVES it - all morning he asked "can we go to Walmart to get apples and then go bowling?" (we never did make to to Walmart - priorities). I will show you all a play by play of how he bowls.Since the pictures are pretty self explanatory,
I will tell you a few cute things he has said this week. The other day when I was in a really good part of my book and ignoring him busy, he kept asking for some chocolate milk. Finally, out of patience, he said, "Mom, you take the cup and lid and put some chocolate milk in and put the lid back on. Does that make sense to you mom?" (which not only got him his chocolate milk but a smile) That same day, he brought some chips into my office and put them on a chair (as you can tell, we are all about health food this off-track). I asked him to clean up his chips and take them back upstairs, to which he replied, "No, I can't or of course not!"Last night when I was reading to the boys, Bill tried to get Chase so he could take him to the bathroom. His response this time, "I'm busy, actually, my feet are asleep." Where does he come up with these things?? I love how he comes up with 2 ways to say "no" for every request! This was an easy shot to get because after Chase pushes the ball, it takes about 2 minutes to make it all the way down (we have even had to send Cameron down the bumpers to give it an extra push). And the real reason for this post...check out my score!!
The names of the sucky bowlers have been crossed out to protect their pride.
(my pride obviously needs no protection!)

18 comments:

Bee said...

I bowl like Chase does. And my pride always needs protecting!

I'm glad you have Chase there to teach you how to make chocolate milk. It did make sense to you, didn't it?

Thanks for your words this morning. It's amazing how I do find love and strenght when I seek Him out.

Annemarie said...

He's a clever one with his excuses, he's also way cute.
We've been into the bowling thing lately, too.
Nice score, my friend!

Carin Davis said...

Ummmm, yeah...I hate bowling with you :) Don't worry though...Chase is going to have you outsmarted in no time! At least you will be able to beat at a bowling match for quite a few years!!!

rychelle said...

did you use bumpers? ;)

Kaylynn said...

What a great summer activity! I hope the rest of the summer turns out just as nice!

Jillyan said...

Way to go Dede! You bowl better than I do and I even took bowling in college 3 semesters in a row! I'm with Rychelle though, were bumpers involved?
I just found out that Chase and Wesley will be in the same Preschool class. Wes was so excited when I told him.

Bobette said...

Fun! Sorry I missed you yesterday! Hope to talk to you soon! Your pictures turned out fabulous! Your boys are a riot!

Kim said...

Thanks for blocking out my names so completely!! What a gracious winner you are!

Connie Miller said...

Holy,bowly. That's some score! Chase is quite the charmer with his telling you no. Love this post and the pictures.

Jodi said...

I probally could get that score with bumber pads too. :)
Looks like you had a great time. Sorry that I missed it.

Anonymous said...

NIIIIIIIIIICE. That's a score worth bragging about. But I would brag about your darling, brilliant children too, if I had boys to brag about!

Saralin said...

Great score! I could have beat you the other day, but the smoke and strobe lights threw my game off. Ha ha.

renata ryan said...

Chase is so cute!!! i miss you guys.
Wow you are good on it. I do not wanna play against you!!!

Rachel said...

If I ever get a boy, I hope he has curls & a smile like Chase. He is ADORABLE!

peewee said...

I'm gonna try that tactic when I need more rice krispy treats...."all you do is melt the marshmallows and butter, put in krispies, and stir. U understand that dede....now get to it!"

Luckily for me, I never have to beg!

Annie Miller said...

I have NEVER bowled a game like that! Braden is so jealous. He would go bowling everyday if I'd let him (thanks for that btw :)Great pictures :)

3 Bay B Chicks said...

You are like a bowling professional, Dede. I am super impressed. Is this natural talent that I am seeing or do you secretly go to bowling alleys in your free time to practice?

Chase is such a little doll!

-Francesca

Annie Miller said...

btw...I love the processing on these pics. You'll have to let me know your secret :)