Thursday, June 25, 2009

all is not lost...

I quite enjoy year round school. Three weeks my kids are all home is about perfect for me. On our track, we get off at the end of May and come back in the middle of June for the last 3 weeks of school. These last three weeks can be kind of a waste - the kids are ready to be done, the teachers are ready to be done, I am ready to be done! All of my boys major projects and testing were completed back in May and now they have field trips, soccer tournaments, walk-to-the-park day, field day, etc. Not much learning going on, or so I thought!
Wesley came home yesterday very excited. "Mom, guess what I learned at school today?", he shouted. He didn't need to say another word, but instead quickly displayed his newly gained knowledge... his buddy (the very one who has started the mohawk trend in class) taught him how to do armpit farts. Reading hasn't come to quickly for my sweet kid, but pits, he can do! He practiced all day long so he would be able to do it flawlessly for his brothers when they came home, not only working on form and stamina, but also concentrating on getting the perfect facial expression for each motion. I must say, the hard work payed off. Both of his brothers admitted that they could never do it that good (one admitting he could never do it at all).
So, Wesley receives an A+ on his last (hopefully) lesson of kindergarten! He apparently went to bed dreaming of armpits, because the second I woke him up this morning, he put his left hand to his right pit, gave it a couple flaps and said,
"it works good in the morning"! You might have noticed that he lost two more teeth while we were off track - he ate the first one for dinner and he let Reagan and I take turns pulling the top one out (I, of course, had the winning pull - Reagan is still bitter). He didn't want to put the non-eaten one under his pillow because he was more anxious to show it to his teacher (luckily, for the teacher, it is lost somewhere in the basement)! He is now on the "tooth chart" 3 times and couldn't be happier (he has also informed me that he is done losing teeth now, he will just keep the rest)!
I love this kid - missing teeth, armpit farts and all!!

18 comments:

peewee said...

Well at least SOMETHING got you to post! Thanks Wes!!!

*J*E*N* said...

aaahhhh arm pit farts..... we've just been introduced to wedgies and noogies (I've never spelled noogie, is that right?)

Kristina P. said...

Oh, boys.

Bee said...

I am impressed. And I'm glad his brothers were, too! I can see why you love that kids.

I wish I were closer so I could teach him to do straw farts. They sound really good. Mothers hate me for it, but kids love it.

Bob Miller said...

That Wesley has talent!

Tammy Taylor said...

Go Wesley! Don't you just love the things they learn at school?

rychelle said...

crap. i think i was out sick on armpit day.

Bobette said...

Whew, I thought maybe Aidan had taught him the armpit farts. Aidan has been doing those for quite some time now. You know at church this Sunday I am going to ask Wesley to do the fart for me. Tee hee... want to sit by us?

Annie Miller said...

I never could quite master arm pit farts. I am WAY impressed he did as such a young age. Tell him to enjoy those cute little teeth because when you start losing molars, it's not so fun. Those hurt!

Annie Miller said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Annie Miller said...

Don't know why my comment went in twice. Sorry for the delete :)

Saralin said...

Carter and I just read about Wesley's new talent. Neither one of us can make our armpits fart. Do you think Wesley will teach us? (Well, maybe just Carter.)

Carin Davis said...

He is not only extremely talented...but extremely ADORABLE!!! I can't wait to see him come up running with that big smile...showing off his new talent...in person! Your pictures have me smiling from ear to ear!!!!!!!

Mom on the Go said...

I had the exact same thing happen this year when Brandon learned! Too funny!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad I have daughters. Prissy, fluffy, polite and socially acceptable little girls.

I really don't think I could handle boys.

Connie Miller said...

What a guy! Love the series of pictures and his PROUD face.

robin said...

hahaha!!! that's the best kindergarten lesson I have ever heard of.

Kristi Veale said...

That is something that I will never see with my girls....girls are from vensus and boys are from mars. That is too funny! Great pictures!