Thursday, January 29, 2009

where oh where...

Cameron came up the stairs yesterday morning and I immediately said, "go back down and brush your teeth". Cameron is pretty easy to read - when he has been downstairs goofing off, instead of getting ready for school, he comes up with this certain smile. About 5 minutes later he comes up again - again with said goofy smile - again, I tell him to go brush his teeth! About 5 minutes later he comes trotting up the stairs, grinning away. (You know, some people are worried about the dating years - I can't wait! I am so excited for the day when he likes a girl and hygiene will actually become a priority for him!) This time I say, "Cameron, I can smell your breath from here - GO BRUSH YOUR TEETH!". His response?
"Sometimes in the morning I get mucus that runs down my throat and makes me spit. Sometimes the mucus hits my uvula and makes me throw-up, and that makes me teeth stink. That happened this morning."
What I want to know is, where is this kid headed? Is he going to become a stereotypical used-car salesman or is actually going to do something with his lying creative imagination???

21 comments:

Carin Davis said...

at least you always have entertainment...he cracks me up! you need a picture of that "goofy" smile!

Kristina P. said...

Definitely a doctor, that one.

peewee said...

He's so cute!

Kim said...

My guess is the Presidency!

Annemarie said...

It's like living in a boys lovker room, isn't it?!?!

robin said...

I know exactly the smile Carin is talking about. hahahaha!!!!

JulyG319 said...

With that kind of argument, I'm thinking a lawyer.....he sounds like he could agrue his way out of anything...;)

Katie Hansen said...

This is Katie, Bill's cousin. I just have to say that I've been reading your blog off and on for a while now, linking to it from Becky's. I love it!!! I get such a kick out of everything your boys do. I'm sure that's because I have four boys as well, and they're near the ages of yours. Anyway, I loved this story. It made me feel better about all of my various situations at home.

Bobette said...

Hilarious! Oh that Cameron...thanks for having boys so you can help me out with mine!

April said...

hahahaha!!! I love it! And they wonder how we know...and then come up with excuses. My retort would have been....

and is that why your teeth are fuzzy too? Nice try!

I find that sarcasm was a wonderful way to raise our boys....until their vocabulary outdid mine.

Saralin said...

i'm betting that his 'creative' imagination will make him a fabulous politician.

{Le Petit Poulet} said...

You are seriously hysterical! The way you describe things cracks me up.
It's funny the things we say observe about our children...Grace and her vivid imagination always have me thinking she'll either write books or end up in an insane asylum with multiple personality disorder :)

3 Bay B Chicks said...

Can we just start with the fact that Cameron knows the word "uvula"? I am a 33 year old mother of two and am going to have to leave your site so that I can Google the term. Seriously. I have some suspicions about what it means, but...

Other than that, I am sure his creative genius will take him far in life. :)

-Francesca

renata ryan said...

hahaha i totlly love it. Maybe he will be a writter :)

kat said...

what? no picture of this precious moment? ;)

Connie Miller said...

I just read this to Aunt Dot. She got such a kick out of it. Said it would have made a great entry in Overheard by Effie.

Rachel said...

Yet again, your boys are mysteries to me! Hilarious! And I love the snowflake post- makes me want to try to get photos like that!

rychelle said...

definately politics!

i'm going to attach a cameron for prez bumper sticker to my car now.

Annie Miller said...

Gross Cameron!

Jason, Tiff and the Kids said...

I remember watching that SO long ago! You should write a book! Perhaps add a chapter for little girls!

Parvati said...

I say creative screen play writer...