Wednesday, January 7, 2009

ahhhh, peace....

- the boys are back to school -
now, for a few hours a day, it is just me and my little shadow (and by shadow, I mean constant shadow, follow me EVERYWHERE, doesn't know what to do with himself, sweet little buddy!). Anytime I sit down at the computer, he throws a ball at me (in a play catch sort of way) - if I go potty, he is right there cheering me on - if I am loading the dishwasher, he is unloading - if I am folding laundry, he is throwing laundry (which is why I quit on Monday)! It was time for some outdoor activity! I know what he is thinking here...lets see this mama run!oh - no you don't!!! you think it is funny?? guess who is going down for a nap?after one more throw
(it isn't your fault your brothers teach you such naughty things!)

ahhh, peace (until 3:30)

16 comments:

Annemarie said...

Such cute pictures!! I have a little shadow, too. And today, while we were outside playing, she threatened to throw a snowball in my face...? What?
I've been threatening the big brothers that every time she does something naughty, they get punished for it. Works like a charm. They've all been a lot nicer.

Anonymous said...

That snow looks absolutely GLORIOUS!!! But I'm glad we don't have any around here for my little shadow to pelt me with. Instead, I get Play-Do snakes and orphaned socks tossed in my general direction!

Kristina P. said...

Definitely the best reward of physical activities is nap time.

Carin Davis said...

aaaaah nap time...one true sign that we are still in charge...unless they don't take the nap- the point for team toddler! the pictures are adorable!

Bobette said...

He is SO CUTE! I love the picture of him throwing the snowball!

Jodi said...

I love nap time. Those are some great pictures.

Connie Miller said...

Sweet Chase -- gotta love him. I love the last picture. The snow is way too high!

Jillyan said...

I love the pictures and nap time! If it wasn't for those blessed two hours everyday...I might just go insane! I wish I had older kids to blame Wesley's naughty behavior on. I guess I can always blame it on Rob :)

Annie Miller said...

Want to trade? I have Catherine's kids for a few days. No peace for me. Love the pics...especially the b&w!

robin said...

nap time is my favorite time. today I managed to get more sanding done during naps.... no laundry though :( perhaps tonight when kiddies are in bed. thanks for the hand sander it is making life much simpler. tonight I can paint some more doors!!!

The Kleins said...

I totally get the "shadow" comment. Cooper and I are inseparable on school days. I just wish we still napped!

peewee said...

those were the cutest pics EVER! That first one is a framer! And the last. I just wanna eat him up!

Kaylynn said...

At least he is a cute shadow. I can't believe he still take naps, my kids give them up at about age 2.

Saralin said...

I think you bribed him to throw snow at you so you could get a good picture. It worked. Hope you enjoyed nap time.

Bee said...

Gosh, he's cute! Can I borrow him for a while? I need some toddler love 'cause all of our babies are grown. And I'm not ready for my girl to give me a grandbaby yet!

Cristi said...

i like his cheering you on when you go potty! mine do that too!