A couple of weekends ago, we headed to our Ward Campout! A few days before, the much anticipated activity, Bill informed me that he would have to work and in the same breath told the boys that I would take them! The day arrived - and it was CRAZY - there were a few times I thought we wouldn't be able to make it! Luckily, the boys all chipped in, helped clean and pack and we made it (just barely before dark!).
We, with the help of some fellas, were able to get the tent up and filled before it got dark and had an enjoyable, relaxing night, with good company, around the campfire.
The boys slept well, as they always do while camping, while I (who never sleeps too good outside, in the cold) listened to my ipod most of the night. We woke up with the sun and had the tent emptied out before breakfast (advantages of not having a husband, who can sleep in anywhere, there)! The activities committee had a fun filled day planned, starting with some yummy breakfast!
The kids participated in some fun games, that had everyone laughing
(I was very content to just take pictures and cheer them on!)!
I was so glad we were able to make it - Wesley has asked to go camping again everyday since and Chase is still so proud of himself for "watering the grass with my pee"!
Thanks to all who worked so hard to plan such an event, as well as everyone who helped us!!
We, with the help of some fellas, were able to get the tent up and filled before it got dark and had an enjoyable, relaxing night, with good company, around the campfire.
The boys slept well, as they always do while camping, while I (who never sleeps too good outside, in the cold) listened to my ipod most of the night. We woke up with the sun and had the tent emptied out before breakfast (advantages of not having a husband, who can sleep in anywhere, there)! The activities committee had a fun filled day planned, starting with some yummy breakfast!
The kids participated in some fun games, that had everyone laughing(I was very content to just take pictures and cheer them on!)!
I was so glad we were able to make it - Wesley has asked to go camping again everyday since and Chase is still so proud of himself for "watering the grass with my pee"!Thanks to all who worked so hard to plan such an event, as well as everyone who helped us!!





8 comments:
So fun! Wish I was with you :)
I miss having a real ward.
I miss having ward camp outs. The last time our ward had one was when Anne was four and she ended up throwing up all night. Too many bad memories for our ward activities chairman, I guess! Still, could you please explain the gentleman with the whipped-cream hair do? That looks like a great story!
whoa! When it rains it pours!! LOVE all the blogging!
Glad you guys had fun! So to comment on your earlier post, do you need me to buy Chase some more underwear? I am happy to! :)
How brave of you! Love the photos. You do such a great job capturing the moments. I was pretty brave myself this past weekend. We went camping in an RV with ALL the monkeys! The 1 yr old was, let's say, a bit naughty. Glad to be home after 3 days!!!!
@sue - the boys have shaving cream on their faces and then the little kids had to throw trix at them to see who could get the most - not surprisingly, the bald guy won!!
@annie - cameron was part of the pie eating contest, he was against the teenage boys so he didn't win, but he for sure held his own!!
Good job doing it on your own. Good thing you had the group there too! You get serious mommy points for that one.
Post a Comment