Thursday, February 19, 2009

wii are family...

I am no longer mad at my fortune cookie - it was right.
However, I am sure it meant to rephrase the demand into a fortune (probably just having a bad day). So, rather than "work on improving your exercise routine", it was really saying, "you are going to have the opportunity and great fortune to work on improving your exercise routine"!
Guess what I FINALLY found?? the very next day!! coincidence? I think not!
Because I have heard horror stories on how mean the fit can be - I was prepared! Right after buying it, I went strait to Wendy's and ordered the chicken sandwich (with swiss cheese and regular bun) and drank a big diet coke - I also put on some heavy workout clothes - and (mid-day) stepped on the scale. I already knew it was going to tell me I was fat (which it did), but I wanted to be sure to have a weight loss the next time, with lighter clothes and a first thing in the morning weigh-in (which I did). The wii caught on a little (reminding me to weigh at the same time everyday), but at least I didn't get yelled at!
Come meet the family...I am the fat one in pink (just in case you couldn't tell). Everyone thought it was pretty funny when my wii mii plumped up - Bill wasn't laughing so hard when his did the same thing (I was - I knew mine would get bigger, he thinks he is in great shape which makes it a whole lot funnier!!). I put my weight loss goal at 10 lbs. in a month. Cameron suggested I could probably do 30 (them are fighting words son - twiggy son) I am starting to rethink the french doors we have in our family room - the french doors with Bill's office on the other side - the french doors with lots of little windows - the windows that Bill was giggling through, as I was doing some yoga!the french doors Bill, in hysterics, was peeking through as I was working on my hula hooping skills! So, on day 2, I am LOVING the fit (although, I am going to put some newspaper or aluminum foil up on those windows!!)!

31 comments:

Kristina P. said...

I keep hearing about the Wii Fit, but I don't know if my self-esteem can handle it.

peewee said...

HAHA! I love how angry your little person looks. I'm starting the cookie diet. We can be angry together.

Anonymous said...

I love that you were digitally "fighting" with Cameron! We need the wii fit at our house!

Bobette said...

I laughed so hard at your post! I took some pics of my mii doing wii fit and I need to post them. Don't feel a bit bad! I am "overweight" as the wii fit told me. Can me and you and Sara connect our boards together and do yoga? I don't know if you can! Then you can laugh at me! Good luck!

Saralin said...

I love the pictures of your mii family. You should get a picture of Chase working out with you on his "mat".

rychelle said...

look at all those twiggy miis. i've never seen such a thing! ;)

it is a mean little bugger, but i still love it.

{Le Petit Poulet} said...

I want one of these!!! Please keep us updated so that I will know it works.....my wii mii would probably take up the whole screen!! YIKES

Anonymous said...

I am crying laughing as I reread this again to Danny.

Kim said...

I am so jealous! You got it FINALLY!!! Enjoy, don't get too far ahead of me! Now I got to get my hubby let me get it!

Kim said...

I am so jealous! You got it FINALLY!!! Enjoy, don't get too far ahead of me! Now I got to get my hubby let me get it!

kat said...

i am so glad you got your wii fit~! did bill surprise you, or did you do the actual shopping for it? smart girl to load up in advance so you can start off with a weight loss when you weigh next =); great tip for the rest of us... keep us updated on your 10 lbs goal and GOOD LUCK~!~!

The Kleins said...

My Wii looks just like yours. What's your Wii age? Mine originally was 44--then it was 53! ARGH! I have banned it or now... at least until I'm done painting. :)

Connie Miller said...

I want to come watch! I love your mii family!

Kristi Veale said...

You don't know me...but I'm a blog staker. I'm taking your sister's class in March! However; this was very funny to read....I love to hear the personally come out when people post on their blog!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you found one and are enjoying it!!

robin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
robin said...

good luck on your goal! I'm wanting to get more physically active and need to set a goal and get it done. My goal is to set a goal. hahahaha!!!

Brooke said...

I so want one of those!! My dad has one and I can't believe how much I hurt after playing hula hoop! However, I didn't realize it kept track of gains and loses...maybe a bad idea!

Jillyan said...

Don't worry, I was considered obese when I first stepped on. In my defense it was New Years Day, right after dinner. I am now considered overweight. Lucky me! I love the mii's of your boys. So cute!

Kaylynn said...

I am jealous. I really want one, but I never seem to win one in a give-away.

renata ryan said...

it is so funny!!! I love the dolls!!! I gotta stop by and see how it works. Maybe i will get one too. Rob is in a serious diet now and I would love to be able to exercise again.

Stacy said...

I was nervous about getting on the wii fit the first time...I had heard that it is not too kind in its picture of you. Of course my kids were right there watching when I did it. As it turned out it was the wii age that my kids thought was so funny...mine was 56.

Jodi said...

I love doing to wii fitness. Sadie has figured out that if you just shake the wii that you don't have to run at all.
I love doing to exercise and it telling me that I am a body builder.

Jody said...

I completely understand your pain...my mii did the same thing and Brad is always willing to watch me exercise for a good laugh...really though, I kick his butt! And, paybacks really do suck...I laugh at him more than he can ever laugh at me! Hopefully you will have the chance to spy on Bill during his Wii Fit time!

3 Bay B Chicks said...

Day 3 of the Where’s Wenda? Contest is here. Today I am visiting all of the SITStas that commented on Three Bay B Chicks. That means you! Thanks so much for stopping by and for being a great SITSta!

-Wenda

Rachel said...

I have always sworn off video games, but I keep hearing about this Wii Fit. Maybe I'll have to give in and try it!

peewee said...

hey. maybe they should make a wii blogger.
hint.
hint.

3 Bay B Chicks said...

PeeWee has obviously been giving the Wii topic her most serious consideration. Perhaps in her new found commitment to the Wii, she is considering changing her Yogi ways? I will have to journey over to her blog and confirm.

Hilariously funny post, Dede. Brilliant move to bulk up before weighing in.

-Wenda

Debbie said...

This is why I don't have one of those things. Well, that and the fact that I am too cheap to buy it. But, I don't think I can handle something with that much attitude:)

Annie Miller said...

Your mii is hilarious! I LOVE it! After talking to you the other day, I realize I have much to do with my wii workout!

Cristi said...

I've heard about how great Wii fit is. I need to get one!