Carin's February photo challenge is to capture love, so when these two sisters came over to play, I thought they would be a perfect example. Sweet Miss C always takes care of her younger sister and is great about including her in all she does.
I told her we could take their picture and she could give it to her parents on Valentines Day. Today on the way home from school, I gave her this collage in a little frame. Her usual reservation went out the window as she beamed all the way home. When I dropped her off, she ran to her waiting Grandfather and turned, enthusiastically waving, and gave me the biggest smile I have seen. As I was driving away, in my rear view mirror I saw her proudly show the picture to her Grandfather and it reminded me of the Friends episode where Joey was trying to convince Phoebe that selfless good deeds don't exist - I think he may be right! The reward was mine!
I told her we could take their picture and she could give it to her parents on Valentines Day. Today on the way home from school, I gave her this collage in a little frame. Her usual reservation went out the window as she beamed all the way home. When I dropped her off, she ran to her waiting Grandfather and turned, enthusiastically waving, and gave me the biggest smile I have seen. As I was driving away, in my rear view mirror I saw her proudly show the picture to her Grandfather and it reminded me of the Friends episode where Joey was trying to convince Phoebe that selfless good deeds don't exist - I think he may be right! The reward was mine!





17 comments:
Beautiful pictures, Dede!!
Adorable! I LOVE these pictures, the girls are beautiful! Do they live right behind me? I thought that was you picking them up from school - how did you get to know them?
They turned out sooooo cute! I bet their grandfather is still smiling. I think it's so cute how you've helped them out too.
I am crying...wishing I was there. Really, you are one of the most generous people I know! They are SO cute!!!
sooooo cute! what a beautiful job you did on those pictures. Thanks also for your help with my blog. You are so awesome.
Wonderful! You are so thoughtful. THese pictures are beautiful and do represent love - and so do you.
AWWWW. I am all teary now!! People are gonna think I'm crying out of loneliness & bitterness on valentine's day!
cute cute cute
LOVE those pictures! WHY didn't you show them to me yesterday at your house when you showed me Chase's cute pics? You are so sweet and thoughtful! Their older sister Bianca is adorable also. And I love that Friends episode. Is that the one where Phoebe lets a bee sting her to do a good deed and the Joey says that the bee probably died after it stung her?
Dede you are such a good person. I don't think people really understand how giving you are!
What a great story! I know what you mean about giving--you receive so much more than you possibly give.
Thanks for the inspiration Dede! It often amazes me how the sweetest gestures are so simple and reap great rewards.
Those are so sweet! Such a cute idea to do for them!
This was such a lovely post and sentiment on your part, Dede.
I feel all warm and fuzzy inside now. Thanks! :)
-Francesca
what a beautiful shoot!
You are the cutest....and what a perfect capture of LOVE. I am sure they are still beaming over their pictures. And how perfect with the contrast of the white snow and their coats and their gorgeous dark hair and eyes.
when i grow up, i want to be as nice and thoughtful and talented as you dede...
Post a Comment