One lovely thing about switching schools...
You don't have to come up with new cute and clever gifts for the teachers!
The boys are giving these mailboxes {again} loaded with yummy chocolates
to their teachers tomorrow! I am a firm believer in bribing the teachers into liking my kids - they need all the help they can get!!
Speaking of kids...
Reagan was (the last one!!) finishing up his valentines, when we realized he was missing one. We figured out which one it was and he went to make up a new one, when (to his horror) he discovered he was out of the valentines he needed. Apparently he didn't give any of the girls the ones that said "you're sweet" or "be mine" and now that was all that was left - and the missing one was a GIRL!!! After realizing he didn't have any other options, he filled it out and, as he was putting it in the bag, said
"Oh well, it's not the person talking, just the card!"!
Back to the mailboxes...
I have a few of these left - sitting on my counter - FILLED with chocolate!
I need to get rid of them - and fast!
If you would like one (*and live within reasonable driving distance),
tell me what your favorite Valentine candy is!
I will draw the winners tomorrow (2/13) at 1p.m.!!
*I am so sorry to all the non-local people - BUT, if I shipped it, you wouldn't get it until after Valentines Day and then you wouldn't be able to give it away and then you would eat all the chocolate by yourself and then you would gain 10 pounds and then I would feel really bad which would cause me to eat more chocolate and then I would gain 10 more pounds and I am not willing to risk that (but I still love ya)!
You can buy the mailboxes at Target in their dollar spot - they bring them out every year right after Christmas! I just cover them with scrapbook paper (or wrapping paper) and tie a ribbon on them!!
UPDATE - and the winners are...
*Kat
*The Smiths
*Connie
CONGRATS!!!
Brett, I am giving one to you too because your comment cracked me up!!
You don't have to come up with new cute and clever gifts for the teachers!The boys are giving these mailboxes {again} loaded with yummy chocolates
to their teachers tomorrow! I am a firm believer in bribing the teachers into liking my kids - they need all the help they can get!!
Speaking of kids...
Reagan was (the last one!!) finishing up his valentines, when we realized he was missing one. We figured out which one it was and he went to make up a new one, when (to his horror) he discovered he was out of the valentines he needed. Apparently he didn't give any of the girls the ones that said "you're sweet" or "be mine" and now that was all that was left - and the missing one was a GIRL!!! After realizing he didn't have any other options, he filled it out and, as he was putting it in the bag, said
"Oh well, it's not the person talking, just the card!"!
Back to the mailboxes...I have a few of these left - sitting on my counter - FILLED with chocolate!
I need to get rid of them - and fast!
If you would like one (*and live within reasonable driving distance),
tell me what your favorite Valentine candy is!
I will draw the winners tomorrow (2/13) at 1p.m.!!
*I am so sorry to all the non-local people - BUT, if I shipped it, you wouldn't get it until after Valentines Day and then you wouldn't be able to give it away and then you would eat all the chocolate by yourself and then you would gain 10 pounds and then I would feel really bad which would cause me to eat more chocolate and then I would gain 10 more pounds and I am not willing to risk that (but I still love ya)!
You can buy the mailboxes at Target in their dollar spot - they bring them out every year right after Christmas! I just cover them with scrapbook paper (or wrapping paper) and tie a ribbon on them!!
UPDATE - and the winners are...
*Kat
*The Smiths
*Connie
CONGRATS!!!
Brett, I am giving one to you too because your comment cracked me up!!





24 comments:
Those are so cute!
My favorite candy is anything chocolate.
Reagan is SO cute! I remember being worried that my valentine "said too much" when I was younger! I hope he recieves "I love you!" "Be Mine" or "Your Sweet" from all the girls...because he is sweet!
JUST A LITTLE SCRAPBOOK PAPER AND A RIBBON....hahahaha!
My favorite...Lindt truffles...yum!
I LOVE Milky Way!!!!!
My favorite candy is Candi Thomas (just kidding...I don't want people getting the wrong idea).
come on... a comment like that ought to win me the mail box for sure!!!
Oh, that is a treasure! Well, anything with chocolate is a prize!Do you have instructions on how to make those?
You make it sound so easy...
I don't live within driving distance, but I have cousins who do! What a great gift!
dede: i love that you try to make it sound so easy to make those... if i tried it, they would for sure NOT look so beautiful~!
my favorite valentines candy is anything on the candy aisle that is edible~! (i am easy)... mmm candy hearts... m and m 's.... mmm
Hershey's assorted works! Or Peanut M&M's -- or whatever you have left over.
I love Reagan's comment!
Okay, Dede, those are so stinking cute! Is there anything you CAN'T do? I just gave Mrs. B a bag of her favorite chocolate but it wasn't presented beautifully! Seriously! Reagan is so funny!
Oh...and I'm going to have to go with the peanut m&ms.
I was thinking of you when trying to find something for my teacher. I didn't get over to Target to find some. (Walmart didn't have cute mailboxes)
--my favorite candy would be same as Bob peanut m&ms--
"...just tie a ribbon around it" indeed! Those look just a BIT more elaborate than THAT. I know I can't have one :( but my favorite valentine candy is the cherry lollipops in the heart shapes. Oh, and See's heart boxes. They just taste better in a heart box. oh, and marshmallow/choc hearts!! And rice krispy treats...okay maybe that doesn't count but IT WOULD if they were in a heart shape!
WOW....these are so cute!! You are so stinking talented missy!!!I WISHED I lived closer!!!
You are one crafty lady! I am the total opposite of crafty. Those mailboxes are SO cute! My favorite valentine treats are the cinnamon lips.
Do I count as living nearby, Dede? You know, if the time spent in transit, either via plane or care, is the same, can't we just call it even? I can be waiting at any airport of your choice in northern california in order to receive one of your amazing mailboxes. It is the least I can do, really. :)
Happy Valentine's to you and your family!
-Francesca
Dede,
Those are so dang cute. I am so mad I missed this! I swear I checked your blog lots yesterday, but I missed your fun give-a-way. I haven't been able to get on-line until now and see what I missed!
You are in trouble now Dede!!! Brett knows how to read AND write!
what a cute mailbox... I wonder if Brett will share with me??? he eats chocolate REALLY fast so if I want one of the treats I better grab one quick. and that Candi comment.... you can see why he makes me laugh ALL THE TIME.
hahahahaha!!!! to April's comment! it really is scary to have him commenting now. You never know what you will get. (actually I usually DO know what I will get which is why I'm scared... I know his humor... but will everyone else appreciate it???)
Anyways, I loved the mailbox and Brett loved the treats inside. (I love the treats inside too... where could I hide them... I know... I have this great fiber cereal he doesn't eat) hahahaha!!!!
Yeah! Thanks for sharing your talent AND CHOCOLATE with me!
Umm. I totally missed this post. I really need to check google reader more often. Those are really cute!
Seriously Dede. I wish I were even a little bit as cool as you. We forgot to even do a Valentine for the kids' teachers. ARGH!
thanks again for the beautiful mailbox dede~! i used it for a decoration for our extended fhe on sunday and everyone kept saying how pretty it was and where did i get it =) and so i got to keep on bragging on my oh so awesome friend all night... you are the best~!
Darn, I'm too late and too far to win. But those are dang cute!
Post a Comment