Wednesday, February 4, 2009

ain't no mountain high enough...

Reagan received the climbing higher award at school for
best manners & quality thinking!
When living in a house with 5 boys (this is one of the many instances that Bill is categorized with the children), "best manners" isn't a phrase that I hear very often (many of you would be disgusted, as I often am, to sit at our dinner table)! I am grateful that Reagan tries really hard to be polite and for a teacher that appreciates his efforts! His teacher has been teaching for many years and is self-proclaimed "old school". She rewards the class (with fake money) for their good behavior, nice penmanship and many other things. During the 2nd week of school Reagan told us that they weren't aloud to yawn in class - that it was rude and that they had to pay her (again, with fake money) if they yawned while she was talking. I love that the kids in her class are expected to behave the way I was expected to behave at that age! Reagan loves it too - which is one of the many reasons they are a perfect pair!

11 comments:

Connie Miller said...

I love his teacher! And love that Reagan takes it to heart. So proud of him for this great award.

rychelle said...

kudos reagan!

(yawning? really? sometimes school is boring.)

Anonymous said...

Reagan is a special guy.

Bob

Cristi said...

i love that title!

Bobette said...

Nice job Reagan! Just seeing the word yawn makes me want to yawn. You guys are awesome! Thanks for the email Dede, I haven't had time to look at it today yet. I will! You rock!

Anonymous said...

What a fantastic idea! I grew up with "Old School" teachers, and we never did fun stuff like that!

April said...

Kids give us what we ask of them! His teacher is proof of that!

Saralin said...

Way to go Reagan!

Annie Miller said...

Nice job Reagan!!!!

3 Bay B Chicks said...

I love this post, Dede. The stories from your family life are wonderful and always entertaining. Seriously...best manners and quality thinking? How great is that? I am sure both are traits that Reagan inherited from his Mom!

-Francesca

PS: Don't be afraid of my posts. I never come up with captions to my photos. Just had to figure out an easy contest that I could win. :)

Anonymous said...

Good for Reagan & good for you. I am finding less & less polite adults, so how can we expect polite children. Maybe your son is learning that at home?
~Mary